How do you track INSANITY?

Options
I am about to start insanity (for the second time) but for the first time since joining this website, but I have no clue how to track it!!!! what do you guys do? Thanks!!

Replies

• sarahtiano
    sarahtiano Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Log it as "Soul Diminishing."
  • esta94510
    esta94510 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Get a heart rate monitor. I track everything that way and it's to your body weight and height. ;-)
  • tacmedic2209
    Options
    If you find out I would love to know. I have just put in a few hundred calories even though I know it's much more. Good luck!!!
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I believe Insanity is on the list, but if not the average burn is around 600
  • tigertchr23
    tigertchr23 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    A Heart Rate Monitor would be the best but I would put it as high intensity cardio if you don't have one yet.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Get a heart rate monitor. I track everything that way and it's to your body weight and height. ;-)

I used a HRM too when doing Insanity - I would burn about 600-700 calories for the 1st month and the max workouts were more like 900 calories. It was INSANE :noway:
  • daddio3
    Options
    Tomorrow will be my fourth sraight day on Insanity. I started it a couple times in the past but never got past day 2 because I was so sore. I have now adjusted to the exercises and I think I am in it for the long haul, especially with this new site - MFP. What I did to track Insanity is to put it in as High Impact Cardio along with how many minutes I did and it would give your what you burned. On Average a 40 minute workout would be on average 500-570 calories. Good luck and stick with it!
  • stephbraden74
    stephbraden74 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be my fourth sraight day on Insanity. I started it a couple times in the past but never got past day 2 because I was so sore. I have now adjusted to the exercises and I think I am in it for the long haul, especially with this new site - MFP. What I did to track Insanity is to put it in as High Impact Cardio along with how many minutes I did and it would give your what you burned. On Average a 40 minute workout would be on average 500-570 calories. Good luck and stick with it!

same here, I have done four consecutive weeks then went on vacation and never returned to it. that was over the summer =/ now my NEW goal is to FINISH it, but Im stressing about knowing the exact calorie amount!! =)
  • grouch201
    grouch201 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Just did my second fit test (Day 15) for part 2 of round 1 of Insanity for me, and the improvement was awesome in spite of having been sick for a few days last week. I have a HRM and have been averaging about 550 calories per workout. Use a HRM if at all possible. Otherwise I'd just log it as Pure Awesome!
  • vero_1
    vero_1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That is how I do it too!
  • stephbraden74
    stephbraden74 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Just did my second fit test (Day 15) for part 2 of round 1 of Insanity for me, and the improvement was awesome in spite of having been sick for a few days last week. I have a HRM and have been averaging about 550 calories per workout. Use a HRM if at all possible. Otherwise I'd just log it as Pure Awesome!

LOL Thanks for all of your "purely awesome" responses! Hehe that made me chuckle!! I will definately be looking into a heart rate monitor!! Im so curious how much that really burns. Thanks everyone!
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I use a HR monitor as well week 4 but I burn closer to 400 calorie per workout! I created my workouts, somewhere on your tabs you can do that!