Hi all, I'm nakki from Japan*

nakkinakks
nakkinakks Posts: 7
edited September 23 in Introduce Yourself
I put some weight lately...my cousins have been saying " Did you gain some weight??" since a few months ago.
I know I gained. I've been trying to lose 5 lbs slowly. I've tried many diets since I was 15.
I learnt I just need to eat healthy and do some exercise.
But you know what? hmmm....it's kinda tough to keep it up with exercise and meal routine.
Now I'm thinking to work out with Jillian Michael DVD: 30 day Shred!!!
Anyone tried the DVD already? I wanna know how it works!!!

Replies

• bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    I have not tried it, but many members have and "love it!". Losing weight is doing little changes. If you try the Shred and love it--great! If you find it is not your favorite exercise, then start walking or biking or yoga or swimming or chasing a child around the house or playgraound for thirty minutes. ;) Anything that gets you moving is a good thing.
    Concerning food: drink lots of water or plain tea to flush sodium and other things out of your body (8 cups a day is good).
    Try just doing that for the first week. You can also eat less saturated fats and more simple vegetables--no huge change, just less.
    Dieting is a life-long 'healthy eating' process. Embrace this--your body will love you. Welcome to this site! :drinker: (lots of water)
  • Nakki,

I dunno. But, you look pretty & skinny to me. I just joined this thing a couple of weeks ago because I want to take a trip to Japan in the Summer to visit my brother in Iwakuni. I don't want to be uncomfortable in the seat of a really long plane flight. lol. Hope to lose a lot more than you. That, and because I really need it. I wish you well on your goals.

Take Care,

Daniel

from The US (Washington State)
  • StuAblett
    StuAblett Posts: 1,141 Member
    Hi Nakki, I'm in Japan too, Tokyo.

This is NOT a diet, it's a lifestyle change!

I've done fairly well, but it takes time and it takes commitment to change your relationship with food. I've lost 50 lbs, about 23 Kg, but I've got another 50lbs or 23Kg to go!

Gambatte! :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.