1 month. zero weight loss

Options
So I have been on myfitnesspal for a month now, working out 4-5 days per week, counting my calories, staying at around 1200 net, and I've not lost a pound! well I did, but then I gained it back. haha
My body feels different, my clothes are starting to fit differently. I keep hearing the whole "muscle weighs more than fat" thing, but is it normal that i feel a bit disappointed looking at the scale?

5'2
CW 134lbs
gW-125 lbs

Replies

• Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    Hey,

sure it's normal to feel disappointed when you do everything right and nothing changes...
    You should take measurments all around your body and then check if you lose inches instead of lbs...

There is something changing... you just need a way to "control" or "check" the loss... if it's not the scale, it's the measure tape...

I'm in the same situation right now... haven't lost any weight for 3 weeks, but been really busy at the gym... I said I wouldn't measure my body until April, but I guess I might just do it this weekend, only to get a new motivation kick, as I start to need one soon :-/

Go on like this... you're changing and that's what counts!! :-)

MM
  • callipygianchronicle
    Options
    Since you have a small amount of weight you want to lose, you’re not going to see huge swings in the scale. Read this post about the phases of weight loss (especially the section on the last 10 pounds): http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/9433-expectations . I think it’s important to have other markers of your success besides the scale, so make sure you’re tracking your measurements.
  • flea
    flea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    if you are working out that much and only consuming 1200 cals I'd definitely be upping what I eat. There is lots of great info on here about BMR and eating exercise calories etc.

(read through those pinned topics at the top of the forum).