Body Scales

Options
Does anyone know how accurate/inaccurate the digital body scales are?..you know the ones with fat %,water%,bone%,muscle%...only I have a Salter set and I feel like I've lost weight and the tape is saying I've lost about an inch everywhere in my 3.5 weeks on here but my weight loss has slowed right down and everything else seems about the same too. Any suggestions?

Replies

• liveskinny
    Options
    you could be gaining muscle & losing fat, thus keeping your weight the same. but if everything is staying the same it could mean that your body is used to your new routine & you need to change it up a little. like trade cardio for strength traning or up your cals for a week then come back down. the trick to not getting stuck is to constantly chage it up a little to keep your body guessing. hope this helps!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Also you might need to eat more i had a quick look at your diary and you seem to never quite reach 1200, which a min for a small sedentry woman.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

good luck on your journey
  • BlissgateClare
    Options
    I stay around the 1200 cals because I have a serious neurological problem which means I am unable to exercise and do things most folk do in a day..my mobility is very restricted because of my condition..I have to watch my blood pressure doesn't rise too much because that raises my intercranial pressure and then I'm in real trouble! I also have to take a lot of medication for pain and antisiezure meds..some of which are known to alter weight distribution and add weight. To give you an idea what my scales are saying her are my stats since 17/1/2011.
    Fat 44.1% - 40.8%
    Muscle 31.2% - 30.7% - 31.0% - 31.4%
    Water 38.3% - 39.9% - 40.5% - 40.8%
    Bone 4.9 - 3.8 - 4.0

If anyone has been through similar please will you message me. Thanks