So the dress fits...but can I pull it off?? advice please!

Options

Replies

• ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Looks good. Don't you have it on backwards? :blushing:

erm....i hope not!!! did you see the back?? lol....

Yes :blushing:
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful!
  • in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    dress looks good
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!! u look f***n AMAZING!!!!!! u can totally pull it off

congrats to u hon :D
    Kirstie x:flowerforyou:
  • mbrotnitsky
    mbrotnitsky Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY :smile:
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options
    Oh, yeah, you can pull it off! That color looks great on you! :happy:
  • pinksocks73
    Options
    I dunno....you're lacking something here. A GREAT BIG SMILE :) You can TOTALLY pull that look off. Congrats!
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I dunno....you're lacking something here. A GREAT BIG SMILE :) You can TOTALLY pull that look off. Congrats!

yeah....that is my worried face right there....i'll try not to wear that on the night.
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    You look great! You can totally pull it off :D Have fun!!!!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You look awesome in it!
  • Olona
    Olona Posts: 70
    Options
    Yes you can definitely pull it off! You look beautiful in the dress!
  • pinksocks73
    Options

yeah....that is my worried face right there....i'll try not to wear that on the night.

Go retake the pic and don't look so worried!!!!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Looks great!! Just iron it or something to really polish the look :)
  • etron
    etron Posts: 33
    Options
    Looks great!
  • Myschelle
    Myschelle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Incredibly shapely! You look stunning! :smokin:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    8a467ddf.jpg

ef05c681.jpg

I've got a formal ball coming up at uni in 2 weeks. This is my sisters dress, but she has never worn it because she is too busty to be able to go without a bra. I am pretty proud of myself for being about to borrow any clothes from my little sister, as three years ago i was 5 dress sizes bigger than her!!

So what do you think?

Can I pull off the look?

p.s I promise to do my hair better and wear make up on the night lol!!
    I think with a bit of steaming to work the wrinkles out it might work? Though I think a different style might be even more flattering to your body type. I can understand you'd rather not have to purchase another for the event but one that suits your body and hips might look nicer. Spanx underneath would help a bit as well on any style you choose. A color that works with your own skin tone would look fab on you Honey, something a softer color perhaps?:flowerforyou: :blushing: It sounds like you're excited to wear your younger Sisters clothes but one that is more suited to you would perhaps make you feel even more beautiful, one suited for your own figure perhaps?:wink:
  • sparklesammy
    Options
    " think with a bit of steaming to work the wrinkles out it might work? Though I think a different style might be even more flattering to your body type. I can understand you'd rather not have to purchase another for the event but one that suits your body and hips might look nicer. Spanx underneath would help a bit as well on any style you choose. A color that works with your own skin tone would look fab on you Honey, something a softer color perhaps? It sounds like you're excited to wear your younger Sisters clothes but one that is more suited to you would perhaps make you feel even more beautiful, one suited for your own figure perhaps? "

Hey positive, thanks for this...
    As the ball is next week I don't really have time (or money...i'm a poor student...heehee) to get anything new. I think I'll give it a go for a one-off, generally everything looks better on than it would have 129lbs ago, lol!

I have another dress which i could have worn, its a shorter length and has a flattering empire line, its a darker colour though, like a petrol blue. But its currently away being altered (i.e taken in a few inches) becasue its too big : D ...yeay me! so yeah. Think its a goer.
  • Myschelle
    Myschelle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I saw another person suggested a softer color and spanx. I agree and disagree. The color is amazing for you! Spanx, on the other hand is EVERYONE'S bestie (and a full length slip). JC Penny's makes a bra that is perfect for that dress (I had a similar dress in ivory for my wedding, but it looks much better on you!) I think the bra would help define your tiny waist and allow the dress to hang better with the spanx and slip. FYI, Target carries Assests whick is the same as Spanx but much less expensive. But you can totally pull this off! You look amazing!
  • sparklesammy
    Options
    I saw another person suggested a softer color and spanx. I agree and disagree. The color is amazing for you! Spanx, on the other hand is EVERYONE'S bestie (and a full length slip). JC Penny's makes a bra that is perfect for that dress (I had a similar dress in ivory for my wedding, but it looks much better on you!) I think the bra would help define your tiny waist and allow the dress to hang better with the spanx and slip. FYI, Target carries Assests whick is the same as Spanx but much less expensive. But you can totally pull this off! You look amazing!

I have invested in these weird boob pull up types things, i am yet to give them a trial run, as they look completely bizarre to me!!! will make me a bit more...err pert! My boobs are so small now, but i don't really miss them. thanks for your advice : )