Hi!

Options
Hey, I'm Coco from Melb, Aus. I'm 24 and hitting the quarter century mark this year. I'm hitting a quarter-life crisis basically! As a hangover from my tween-ties (late teens/early 20's ??), I have some pretty crappy eating habits - too much bad stuff (usually in mini binges) and not enough the rest of the time in some weird, unbalanced attempt to compensate. I love fresh fruit and veg and have a fairly amicable relationship with wholegrains, but still I don't eat enough of them.

Basically, it's the same tired, old story: I had a humming metabolism and so I rode the junk wagon with little repercussions, but now it's slowing down and things have got to change.

About 18 months ago, I got serious about fitness and was starting to look fantastic when my knee gave out. I've done the rehab and while it still makes awful clicking sounds and the occasional crunch, it's back to at least 80% functionality. My boyfriend and I are embarking on a 6mth cycling tour of SE Asia in Aug and I'm hoping to get into a strong, svelte shape before then. I'm looking at running about 3km a day and doing some light, but daily core and upper body work, while continuing to cycle pretty much everywhere. I'd also like to cut out sugar and sugar-subs all together and eat clean meals with more wholegrains. I've already kicked the alcohol, so that's a start!

My main objective here is to get the balance right, so that I no longer have to obsess over what I eat. I want to banish this disempowering and senseless gobble-flagellate-withold cycle that afflicts so many of us.

I'm looking for inspiration, support and advice here. Let's do this! :-D

xo

Coco

Replies