diet food.. sorted, but what to drink......

Options
I'm ok with diet food, but i know my biggest let down is alcohol.... any hints or tips????

Replies

• kimmy666
    kimmy666 Posts: 56
    Options
    I'm ok with diet food, but i know my biggest let down is alcohol.... any hints or tips????
  • Tizz
    Tizz Posts: 38
    Options
    I just posted a similar question the other day!!

I heard that Diet Becks Beer only has 65 cals a beer..

The second suggestions I got was Flavoured Vodka with Diet Drinks!!

It's a tough one considering I am a college student !!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Other than to stop drinking....ummm no. Sorry.

Alcohol is a metabolism killer--and that's the least of the problems it brings.
  • huskergal15
    huskergal15 Posts: 102
    Options
    I just posted a similar question the other day!!

I heard that Diet Becks Beer only has 65 cals a beer..

The second suggestions I got was Flavoured Vodka with Diet Drinks!!

It's a tough one considering I am a college student !!

Yuppers.. the Beck Premier LIght is 64.. but I still haven't heard if anyone has tried it yet or if it's any good. Anyone????? I am having a BBQ this weekend and need to know if it's worth the money! =)
  • ssheldon318
    Options
    Lately I've been enjoying vodka tonic's with an extra lime. Very few calories.
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't think it has to be completely cut out... I think some folks are too strict about alcohol. In fact, red wine has a lot of health benefits. :tongue:

I think wise choices and moderation is key... choose lower calorie drinks and don't go overboard. :happy:

O' and fit the alcohol into your daily calories. :bigsmile:

Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    One or two glasses of wine a night, honestly, is your best bet. If it's hard liquor, plan on all you cals disappearing fast!

But think about this, with one glass of wine (3oz) your metabolism slows by 75%. And slows with each drink you have after that.

I don't push my practices on anyone, but because of the above, and personal reasons, I am quitting drinking completly for two weeks and then treating myself to one drink every once in awhile. Like a frosty at Wendy's or a piece of cheesecake.

There are a lucky group of people who can manage their calories and still drink daily and lose weight. Not this gal :happy: But there is a method to Jillian and Bob's madness when they say 'absolutley no alcohol!' on the Biggest Loser.
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I also wanted to add... make alcohol a treat (like Megan said). :bigsmile:

I mean, is there a real need to have it EVERY day??? :huh:
  • fitsharon
    fitsharon Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    My favorite diet drinks are Cherry Vodka with Diet Coke, Vanilla Vodka with Diet Root Beer, and Raspberry Vodka with Diet 7Up.

Vodka Tonics are only low in calories if you use Diet Tonic. A tall vodka tonic has about 200 calories where with Diet Tonic it is only about 100.

YUM:drinker:
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Another nice drink is Captain Morgans Spiced Rum with diet lime coke 2oz (120 calories) of rum over ice in a tall glass add diet coke. Here's to ya :drinker: !!
    24167.png
  • kimmy666
    kimmy666 Posts: 56
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    cheers thanks, i think i get the idea
    i know i should cut it out so will try that and maybe have a treat when we go out for a nice meal
    :smile:

kimmyxx