Do you have a jogging buddy?

LauraMcGanity
LauraMcGanity Posts: 112
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Someone recommended this website to me - www.joggingbuddy.com

You type in your country and area, and they give you details of people near you who are looking for someone to go running with.

Has anyone used this? I think, in principle, it's a great idea, but I'm nervous of meeting up with a stranger.

Replies

• ceri1980
    ceri1980 Posts: 92 Member
    What about getting together with a friend? this would be easier than meeting with a stranger and you would have l;ots in common to talk about.

I have 2 jogging buddies! My boyfriend comes with me on the days my friend cant make it so im usually never on my own!
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    Check with local running clubs if they have group runs. That way you can meet new people and hopefully eventually find someone your pace.
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    My only jogging buddy is my 4-year-old Shiba Inu Malibu. :happy: She never gives up, listens to me talk, and forewarns me about ice on the sidewalk. Best buddy EVAH.
  • I have a lovely rescue dog who is my current jogging buddy. :smile: However I think I would be more motivated to go running if I had a definite date and time to meet up with other people.

The jogging buddy website sounds a good idea, but I live in the country and I would definitely be wary of meeting up with someone I didn't know, although you can specify male or female. I still don't like the idea.

I shall see if there is a local running club I can join - safety in numbers and all that!
This discussion has been closed.