hey girl hey

Options
im new at this... but it seems like its a way to just keep a journal.. make it easy without having to carry around a notebook all day.. but im just a youngin.. i just want to be in shape again..

so.. side note.. college equals bad... over the past year i have picke up a bad habit of smoking occasionally i dont do it all the time.. but it has taken a toll on my lungs.. i used to be a runner in high school but i feel like i have ruined the chances of that forever.. does anyone have any input on this.. i want to quit... all together..i dont want to even if im having a drink... i just need a good direction to go in..

thanks for the help..
Q-Casey

Replies

• quoontsy
    Options
    im new at this... but it seems like its a way to just keep a journal.. make it easy without having to carry around a notebook all day.. but im just a youngin.. i just want to be in shape again..

so.. side note.. college equals bad... over the past year i have picke up a bad habit of smoking occasionally i dont do it all the time.. but it has taken a toll on my lungs.. i used to be a runner in high school but i feel like i have ruined the chances of that forever.. does anyone have any input on this.. i want to quit... all together..i dont want to even if im having a drink... i just need a good direction to go in..

thanks for the help..
    Q-Casey
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Collage does not equal BAD per say, It DOES equal temptation. :devil:
    Just because you started smoking does not mean you can not stop now and reverse the damage. It is easier to quit now when you are young then it will be when you are older.
    In order to stop however you need motivation.
    Motivation is different for different people. My Dad smoked for years and was told at a check up 4 years ago that his lungs looked GREAT if he was 110. He quit then and has not had a cig after that.
    Smoking gives you wrinkles. BIG LINE NASTY WRINKLES on the beutiful young face of yours. And bad teeth. And Cancer, do not forget cancer! :sick:
    My Man was taken to a surgical center when he was a kid and he got to see the effects of smoking and they even showed a dead persons lungs that died from smoking. Needless to say they GROSSED him out of smoking at a young age. :sick:
    I have heard it said that in order to get rid of a bad habit, replace it with a good one.
    So each time you want to light up, Go for a walk or something like that.
    OR do your own form of gross out. Go to the hospital and tell them you are wanting to quit smoking and that you need to see pics of smoke damaged lungs.
    Other wise you COULD look and SOUND like the creature from Monsters Inc. There is a pic for you! :wink:
    You are in a great place to get back on track and LUCKY that you are starting young!
    Congrats, and welcom aboard. :flowerforyou:
    --Diann...
  • mollymay
    Options
    If you are only a social smoker who smokes on occasion then you are not addicted to cigarrettes.

I was a heavy smoker and thank God I am now smoke free. I used to wake up in the middle of the night and smoke. I would wake up in the morning and my ciggs were right by my bed... I lit one as my feet hit the floor. I was very badly addicted. so addicted that it took me several tries before I finally kicked them for good. It has been over 2 years now and I dont miss them any more. And I feel so much better. And I used cigarettes instead of eating. If I was hungry I would smoke instead. Sorry, but I would rather count calories and watch what I eat everyday of my life than feel horrible like I did when I smoked.

With that said, It sounds to me like you just need to make up your mind that you want to stop. You can find pics out there if you do a search and see for yourself what smoked up lungs look like.

check out this website. It tells you what smoking does to your body. There is a link on the left sidebar that takes you to a page that tells you how your body heals when you quit. It tells you what happens from several minutes to 10 years.

After 10 years of no smoking you have the same risks factors for cancer as a nonsmoker..

You can do it!! You only have one set of lungs and one heart to get you through to old age... take good care of them!!:happy: