Anyone a Home Daycare Provider?

irishgal44
irishgal44 Posts: 1,141 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Since I have done home daycare, I have found it so hard to lose weight. Before, I had a desk job...it was easy to calculate calories when I had that job because I knew how active I was. I would lose an average of 2-3 lbs a week! It was wonderful! HOWEVER, with daycare it is hard. Some days I do not sit for 10 hours and I'm running around all day picking up children, dancing with them, cleaning, etc. Other days, I sit a lot (movie time or a slow day where the children are playing and I am working on paperwork, etc). I am currently eating 1200 cals a day and then during my break when they nap I run on the treadmill. So I eat the calories earned from my exercise. But I don't count any of the crazy stuff I do all day like cleaning, dancing, etc. Do you? Are you finding weight loss hard to do while you're doing daycare too?

Meals are not so hard because when I prepare something like hotdogs, I will make myself a Smart One. It's just the "am I eating enough" that gets me confused. Or is my body used to this kind of work out all day and this should help itself out? I'm losing .5 to 1 lb a week on average.

Thanks all!

Replies

• I am a provider too! You need to cut out those prepackaged meals. They have way too much sodium in them. If your more active now log it so your sure your eating enough. What I do is make a veggie tray that I sit on the counter and snack on all day When its time for a meal the night before prepare your meals OR have a nice salad at naptime/Quiet time. I went from a job of heavy physical work to daycare/homeschooling. So I am in the opposite boat. .5-1.0 pound a week is pretty good. Better than a gain. Eventually your body will get use to the "running" that daycare creates so if you count this as exercise make sure you change it up each day and find a time where you are exercising alone to a vidio or something. Hope this helps! PS...Drink plenty of water too!!
  • amylary
    amylary Posts: 46 Member
    I do in home daycare. But for me I actually do better since I dont eat out for lunch . I think a pound a week is great .For me I do not eat my excercise calories back most days but use them if I am going out for dinner or special dinners. So i am doing 1200 calories a day and excercise 4-5 days a week for 20-30 minutes (during nap time on the days that it works out that everyone is down and stays that way ) . We go out for Dinner more on the weekends and I use my excercise calories on those days only. I am also eating higher protien and only whole grain carbs (except when it comes to Chips and salsa) . I cut out soda except for an ocasional treat and no more sugary flavored creamer in the coffee . So far that is wroking great for me . I hope it helps and looks like your doing great keep up the good work. Freind me and we can help each other out !!
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,141 Member
    I should have mentioned I've been in it for 8 years in March. :)

I will eat a Smart One maybe 1 time a week, so I'm not too worried about sodium. And I pick the lower sodium ones. I love the angel hair marinara one. :)

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions gals! Great ideas! :wink:
This discussion has been closed.