BRAG ABOUT YOUR KIDS

Options
I have three grown amazing kids. When I looked on their facebook, they all listed us, their parents as their inspiration.

Geez, and I thought God only made them cute when they were little so I wouldn't give them away. :wink:

Replies

• Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    lol awww my parents are my inspirations too
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    My five year old is getting so independent. He was going to brush his teeth and comb his hair this morning and turned around and said "Mommy aren't you coming" and I said "I didn't think you needed me". He runs to me with a BIG hug and says "yeah but I'll always love you." How sweet is that!!!
  • lhague
    lhague Posts: 258
    Options
    My five year old is getting so independent. He was going to brush his teeth and comb his hair this morning and turned around and said "Mommy aren't you coming" and I said "I didn't think you needed me". He runs to me with a BIG hug and says "yeah but I'll always love you." How sweet is that!!!

So so cute!! And no matter how big they get, always our babies.
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options

OMG, that is the cutest thing EVER!!!
  • anikkim0915
    anikkim0915 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Ohh I would LOVE to brag about my daughter! She is 9!

I am so proud of the strong well rounded person she is becoming! She started puclib school this year for 3rd grade. She had perviously been in private school and had lots of friends. In the new school she struggled to make friends. She is shy at times. She has made a few really great friends now! She has also been accepted into the gifted program at school!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I have three grown amazing kids. When I looked on their facebook, they all listed us, their parents as their inspiration.

Geez, and I thought God only made them cute when they were little so I wouldn't give them away. :wink:

Great story, made me teary eyed.
  • lhague
    Options
    Ohh I would LOVE to brag about my daughter! She is 9!

I am so proud of the strong well rounded person she is becoming! She started puclib school this year for 3rd grade. She had perviously been in private school and had lots of friends. In the new school she struggled to make friends. She is shy at times. She has made a few really great friends now! She has also been accepted into the gifted program at school!

That is awesome! There are so many proud moments ahead for you. :smile:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    My son Z just turned 3 two weeks ago. Last week he finally figured out how to put on all his own winter clothes: boots, hat, mittens, and coat. And every time he gets dressed to go out, he sings, "Super Z, Super Z, to the rescue in his balloon!" I don't know where it came from but it's awesome.

My 4.5-year-old daughter has been doing my workouts with me. She says she wants to be strong and healthy too. Sometimes she's even the one who suggests "doing the balance" if we haven't done it by afternoon. :heart: And she's so eager to help everyone, especially her little brother.
  • lhague
    Options
    That made me laugh out. My new saying now will be Super Z
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    That made me laugh out. My new saying now will be Super Z

He's definitely the family clown. He's a riot. :)
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I dont have any kids yet. Im 25 but I know when I do and they start to get older and get more independent im going to be soo sad! lol
  • NYIceQueen
    NYIceQueen Posts: 1,423
    Options
    1. My 2 yo toddler son can throw a football with enough zip and accuracy to clock his 9 yo sister on the side of the head, yelling "Touchdown!!" the whole time.

2. Said toddler helps unload the dishwasher already.

3. Said 9 yo laughs when her brother clocks her and praises his throwing instead of pitching a pre-teen tantrum.
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I got two boys and a step daughter I could go on an on about, but something happened yesterday I thought would be perfect here.

My boys are 9 and 7, and while they are almost 2 years apart, are just one grade apart in school. This leads to a lot of competition between them, which is natural with young boys I guess (my brother and I were about the same gap apart, and we still can't play a game together without it getting serious). My older son has little patience for his little brother and doesn't always treat him the best. I try to encourage him to be a little more considerate, but I'm not sure it always sinks in.

Anyways, yesterday the three of us were coming home and both of them had their hands full of stuff (they had their backbacks, and bags of snowpants/etc for recess, shoes, etc). My older son got out and was standing behind me as I'm trying to get the door open. All of a sudden, I notice he's not there anymore. My younger son had wiped out, getting out of the car with all the stuff in his hands. My older son had dropped his armload and gone down to help him up out of the snow bank. It was a small thing, but gave me a little glimmer of hope that there is some compassion there after all. :happy:
  • onehotmomma8065
    Options
    1) I am so happy that my 5yr old has such a keen interest in sports. She is playing basketball right now and will be starting her third season of soccer soon. Then of course there is swimming this summer. She is the joy of my life. Her goal is to play for team USA one day. My 19mo old is following in her footsteps of wanting to play sports too. I'm just glad they choose to be active when alot of kids this days choose to be potatoes.

2) I am also so amazed at how well my children are like sponges and absorb everything they can. The young one is even trying to go potty. I am not sure I am really ready for her to grow up that much. She is the apple of my eye.
  • lhague
    Options
    That's really funny. My kids were the best of enemies, best of friends.

They are 27, 24, 23 and they all live in different places but talk everyday. They are best of friends only now.