Beginner exercise suggestions?

MrsWendyQ
MrsWendyQ Posts: 125 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello everyone! I have only fairly recently decided to step up and do something about my lifestyle once and for all. That being said, I want to begin to incorporate an exercise program. I live in central PA where it is bitter cold and horribly icy outside right now, so I don't think walking is the answer just yet. I want to try a workout dvd and I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion on a good one. I need one that is beginner level. Anyone have any favorites?

Thanks for all of your help, and best of luck to everyone on this journey!

Replies

• tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    I bought a yoga ball and resistance bands. They are inexpensive and handy for even just a 5 minute workout...and my son plays on the ball so he's getting excercise to. You can you tube excercise ideas for both. Hope this helps, and good luck!
  • netter43
    netter43 Posts: 110 Member
    Congrats on being ready for stepping it up!!! - I love anything by Leslie Sansone Walk away the pounds series!!! - They are low impact and a great way to get your heart rate up and sweat!! I love her 5 mile fat burning walk. You can do as little or as much as you want. I currently do 2-3 miles per day. It is brutally cold here in Wisconsin and icy and there is no way I'm going outside to workout so that is what I do in the comfort of my home!! - You can usually find them at a Walmart or Target store for 9-10 dollars. Best of luck to you!!
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Check out Hulu.com
    You can watch videos for Jillian Michaels, Fit TV, Yoga, Pilates and it is all free.

If you want to see faster results you can try doing cardio 3 times a week (30 mins), and strength training 2-3 times a week (includes and weights, yoga and pilates).

Let me know if you need more suggestions..

I started with Turbo Jam dvd set because I liked to dance and used Hulu to get in a second workout. I got amazing results with this combo.
  • forestdancers
    forestdancers Posts: 146 Member
    I would recomend scanning the second hand shops for Tai Bo vidios.
    Or if your looking for a comunity activity Tai Chi or Tai Kwon Do might be something you'd like to try.

Best wishes
    Brenda
This discussion has been closed.