Am I sabotage my fitness plan????

Options
I understand that when you burn calories through exercise those calories are added back to your calorie daily goal count. I feel guilty because I ate Church's chicken to help to reach my calorie goal. I still came in under my calorie goal. Did I sabotage my fitness plan with this meal?

Replies

• maggieschuck
    Options
    Can you make your food diary public? We all splurge every once in a while but you just need to get back on track.
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    i'd say no :) a treat every now and then isn't going to hurt you! just make sure that most of the time you are making healthy choices.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Nope. A calorie is a calorie is a calorie. Of course it may not be the MOST healthy thing to eat but it should not effect your weight loss. This is a lifestyle change not a death sentence. You can still eat things like that in moderation without hindering your efforts.
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    sometimes I have to do that cuz if I don't I end up having over a 1000 cals left at the end of the night. I workout so much during the day that I have all these extra points to play with at night :0/ But I'm still losing weight, so I guess I'm doing something right! Check out my diary and see how much food I had to eat before bed last night just to get down to under 500 cals left for the day.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    You are fine! Just don't let it ruin today for you. I make sure I am staying at LEAST at 90% good foods each week so there is a little room for a treat here and there in case something like that comes up. Just don't give in every time. Before you eat, ask yourself if it is worth it. Usually it isn't.
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    As long as you're truly coming in under your calories, you don't have anything to worry about when it comes to counting calories. You always wanna watch your sodium intake, but you'll still drop pounds and inches over time.
  • KhollerSA05
    KhollerSA05 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    IWe all have days like that. With all the cold weather we haev had I actually fell of track for a week. But just get yourself back on track, ultimately exercise is going to be your best friend on days when you eat whatever. Plus that can be good for you from time to time becuase t keeps your metabolism from stalling out and it can actually in some cases give you a more productive workout.
  • CarterGrt
    CarterGrt Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    From a pure weight-loss perspective, there was that guy recently who lost 40 pounds eating nothing by twinkies so in that sense, a calorie is calorie. I think that from a whole-body health perspective, you are still fine eating things occasionally that are not especially healthy. You just want to make sure that the majority of the fuel you are giving your body is high quality.

The real issue that a lot of people have is problem with moderation. I am a bit like this so I have to watch myself pretty closely when I go off the plan.

Good Luck!!!

--Carter
  • dawnslaughter
    Options
    eat what you like so long as you have a balanced diet and you come in on your calorie target
  • sunshine86912
    Options
    I ate 6 oreos the other day and thought it would kill me LOL it didnt, but I wont do it again! So just dont let a slip become a slide!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i'd say no :) a treat every now and then isn't going to hurt you! just make sure that most of the time you are making healthy choices.

Yea
  • Manda1987
    Options
    Try keeping a healthy, high calorie food around. 1/3 cup of almonds is 250 calories, and it's easy to eat!
  • msshaydlady
    Options
    Thank you friends. I was feeling a little down about it but I feel better now. @maggieschuck, thanks, I have made my diary public. Still working on trying to get my ticker to show up.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Nope. A calorie is a calorie is a calorie. Of course it may not be the MOST healthy thing to eat but it should not effect your weight loss. This is a lifestyle change not a death sentence. You can still eat things like that in moderation without hindering your efforts.

Exactly! I tried to explain the to my husband. But...If I eat allll of my calories on Twinkies and don't go over....it's the same. Your body doesn't recognize where the calorie is coming from. Granted....eating all twinkies isn't healthy :) but a calorie is a calorie!