Having a hard time...

Options
alf1163
alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
I changed my food diary settings to fit the Body for Life goals: 40% carbs and protein and 20% fat. I am having a hard time reaching my protein calories. For example, my goals today were:
Total calories: 2,072
Carbs: 207g
Protein: 207g
Fat: 45g

Remaining as of 7pm CT:
Calories: 365
Carb: 49
Protein: 113g!!!! :noway:
Fat: -25g (went over :grumble: )

What do you suggest I eat today to eat a little more protein? And what do you suggest I eat daily to meet those requirements? I really cannot stomach anymore food. I feel very full. Thanks!!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• alf1163
    Options
    I changed my food diary settings to fit the Body for Life goals: 40% carbs and protein and 20% fat. I am having a hard time reaching my protein calories. For example, my goals today were:
    Total calories: 2,072
    Carbs: 207g
    Protein: 207g
    Fat: 45g

Remaining as of 7pm CT:
    Calories: 365
    Carb: 49
    Protein: 113g!!!! :noway:
    Fat: -25g (went over :grumble: )

What do you suggest I eat today to eat a little more protein? And what do you suggest I eat daily to meet those requirements? I really cannot stomach anymore food. I feel very full. Thanks!!:flowerforyou:
  • Tess
    Tess Posts: 16
    Options
    avacado? ALso high in fat...but it's good fat, and they are high in protien
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I am also doing BFL and have the same caloric split. I do 1300 cal though so I only need 130g protein.

I find that I HAVE to drink 2 protein shakes a day in addition to eating protein with meals just to consume it all.

Here's my typical day:

B: 2 veggie "sausages" 20g
    S: Protein shake 30g
    L: 1 chicken breast 40g
    S: Fruit
    D: Turkey BLT 9g
    S: Protein shake 30g

I stay full all day!
  • alf1163
    Options
    I bought today the EAS protein drinks, the chocolate flavor. Do you make smoothies with those also? I know I could drink them like that but maybe I wanted to get creative. What shakes do you buy? What other foods are high in protein other than meat? I know avocado and nuts have protein but they also contain a lot of fat, the good one but... Thanks!!! :flowerforyou: