SURGERY

Options
Hey everyone,

Just out of curiousity, has anyone ever had or plan on having surgery? (Weight-loss surgery, plastic surgery, etc.)

Replies

• kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I want a boob job!!! What little I had has been vanishing with every pound I loose!! =(
  • knighttrain74
    knighttrain74 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I had surgery to repair a torn shoulder labrum this past september..
  • shanamalena
    Options
    Yeah i told my hubby that once I lose all this weight that I want a breast lift!! Or whatever I gotta do to make these TA TA's look like they are 18 again!!! LMao....
  • AMOMONAJOURNEYTOCHANGEHERLIFE
    Options
    Once I get to my goal weight I would like a breast reduction
  • lhague
    lhague Posts: 258
    Options
    I had a breast reduction. The nice thing is that it gave them a lift. After the surgery I was like "OMG what have I done". So much pain. But now...HELLO Victoria Secrets!

I was never a big person, but it looked like I had lost weight because my shirts fit better. I could never wear a button up shirt. I use to tell guys who would just stare at them "THEY DON'T TALK" "MY EYES ARE GREEN, NOT BROWN" :laugh:
  • Meggie_pooh
    Meggie_pooh Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    If I can't get rid of my pooch on my own, then I will get a tummy tuck at some point, but I'm not relying on it. I want to try to do it on my own first. Problem is, I've had the pooch since I was 13 (24 years) so it may NEVER firm and tone up on it's own :sad:
    Options
    I had a breast reduction. The nice thing is that it gave them a lift. After the surgery I was like "OMG what have I done". So much pain. But now...HELLO Victoria Secrets!

I was never a big person, but it looked like I had lost weight because my shirts fit better. I could never wear a button up shirt. I use to tell guys who would just stare at them "THEY DON'T TALK" "MY EYES ARE GREEN, NOT BROWN" :laugh:

I dream of the day I can just walk into any store and buy a bra the right size and be able to wear a top that fits and isn't huge everywhere but my bust line.

The recovery is one of the reasons I haven't gotten it done yet I have young children that like to be picked up. Also I want to loose my weight so I don't find myself smaller then I wanted to be at the end of my journey.
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I had a lift but i have to go in for scar revision and when i do that ill be getting implants and lipo on any stubborn areas that wouldn't go away with diet and exercise :)

I also have a small varicose vein i would like to go away.
  • lhague
    Options

I dream of the day I can just walk into any store and buy a bra the right size and be able to wear a top that fits and isn't huge everywhere but my bust line.

The recovery is one of the reasons I haven't gotten it done yet I have young children that like to be picked up. Also I want to loose my weight so I don't find myself smaller then I wanted to be at the end of my journey.

My kids were in Junior High, so yes, waiting would be the better choice. You will love it when it's done. No more bra minimizers which were outrageously expensive.

My advice to you is to ask everyone who you heard had a breast reduction who their doctor was. They won't mind you asking. I have met women through our practice that had some botched jobs. Do your research. They will all say that they love art and sculpture. Get on line and check out not only their credentials, but any blog of site that talks about them. Do make sure they are a member of the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Do go see more than one doctor after you have done your research. Tell him what you are expecting and a good doctor will tell you what is reasonable for your frame and your current . I wanted to be smaller but my breasts were so large (I had 600cc removed) he said they would not look right after surgery.

Good luck to you.
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    When I'm done with the plastic surgeon, I will be changed enough to enter the Witness Protection Program.
    Idk.
    It's like shopping.
    New nose? Heh...More breasts? Maybe. Idk.
    Probably something. We'll see where the surgeon puts his Sharpie on me. I'm sure he'll roam all over my body with it as they are apt to do and I can just pick something out like pin the donkey.
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    That is why I started on MFP. I have surgery planned for May. I have been wanting to have a scar revision done from a previous surgery years ago that is pretty upgly, and during that I want to have some cosmetic work done to take advantage of the time off work and the recovery all at once. So new boobs are on the list. Haven't decided whether it is just reconstruction or whether i will have implants with it. But I want 20 more pounds off before I do this. Losing over 100 pounds twice, did my chest in, and there is just nothing pretty about the condition they are in sad:

Maybe by then I might think of other little things, who knows, but sagging skin is a definate consideration at this point. I only want to go under the knife once, so i want to make it count! I know it will make me feel better, and exercise will not fix this particular issue.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Height augmentation...:wink:
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    I had a breast reduction last year. I was 22. :smile:
  • lhague
    Options
    I had a breast reduction last year. I was 22. :smile:

Wish I had done it younger, but surgery was not that much in to forefront as it is now. By the time it had improved, my kids were small so I had to wait.

Don't you love it!!!
  • Victorious_One
    Victorious_One Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I had weight loss surgery. I've lost 85-90 lbs so far depending on how much water I'm retaining. :laugh: I'm still losing little by little.

After being at a stable weight for 6-12 months, I hope to have plastic surgery to get rid of these bat wings, my sagging tummy, my wrinkled neck and thighs, and whatever else I can get on the insurance dime. I would REALLY love to get something done to these boobs! They are pointing to the ground. It's a :sad: shame.
    Options

My kids were in Junior High, so yes, waiting would be the better choice. You will love it when it's done. No more bra minimizers which were outrageously expensive.

My advice to you is to ask everyone who you heard had a breast reduction who their doctor was. They won't mind you asking. I have met women through our practice that had some botched jobs. Do your research. They will all say that they love art and sculpture. Get on line and check out not only their credentials, but any blog of site that talks about them. Do make sure they are a member of the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Do go see more than one doctor after you have done your research. Tell him what you are expecting and a good doctor will tell you what is reasonable for your frame and your current . I wanted to be smaller but my breasts were so large (I had 600cc removed) he said they would not look right after surgery.

Good luck to you.

Thanks for all the advice. I went to see one surgeon back in the beginning of August. I don't think I will go to him for the surgery just because he was so carefree like cutting me wasn't a big deal and shouldn't be to me. I'm not one to get things like this done and honestly it flips me out thinking about it. But I am so unhappy with my breasts I've been unhappy with them since I was in 6th grade! It's been a long time coming. And the back pain is unreal and my bra straps are cutting into my shoulders.
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    Weight Loss Surgery...helped in the beginning but it didn't really work for me. I pretty much enlarged my stomach to a normal persons again and just ate healthier and worked out.

After I lost the weight I had a TT, male breast reduction, arm lift, and neck lift.

I never felt better.
  • appleshells
    Options
    I have had 3 c sections.

Therefore, I am in need of a tummy tuck. And I have great boobs, I just want them to be a little higher than they are now!
  • annalobdell
    annalobdell Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on having surgery, but... with 187 pounds to lose, that may change. I want to be able to wear clothes that are cute, and if I have saggy, wrinkly skin, I might go under the knife. Also, my boobs are huge, and I am hoping that on my journey, they will get smaller on their own. I have lost 4 inches, and the band around my bra is loose, but my cups seem to be getting smaller. I sure hope they don't get bigger as I lose weight. They are plenty big enough.
  • lhague
    Options

Good luck to you.

Thanks for all the advice. I went to see one surgeon back in the beginning of August. I don't think I will go to him for the surgery just because he was so carefree like cutting me wasn't a big deal and shouldn't be to me. I'm not one to get things like this done and honestly it flips me out thinking about it. But I am so unhappy with my breasts I've been unhappy with them since I was in 6th grade! It's been a long time coming. And the back pain is unreal and my bra straps are cutting into my shoulders.

You have nothing but time...so interview them all. It is a big decision and operation. I don't regret mine, but I had a great surgeon, I took my time and asked everyone and anyone. Truly, anyone who has had reduction will be more than happy to talk to you. So ask questions and research, research, research. Let me know how it goes.