Favorite SUPER Healthy Green Breakfast "shake"

Yosemite4vr
Yosemite4vr Posts: 84 Member
edited September 23 in Recipes
As a warning, the taste may take some getting used to but it is amazingly healthy:

My Morning Green Shake:

1 Scoop Perfect Food Super Green Formula (powdered greens to get greens in the morning plus tons more benefits)
1 table spoon Spectrum Chia Seeds (Omega-3, fiber)
1/2 cup Lowfat Kefir, unsweetened (digestion, protein, calcium)
fill water to 18 to 20oz, SHAKE

I usually drink this along with eating a cup of blueberries.

I have grown to LOVE this shake (i say shake because all i have to do is shake it and it's ready). Most importantly, it makes me feel amazing and energized through the morning until I have lunch.

All this including the blueberries is:
228 CALORIES
6g fat, 541mg Potassium, 35g Carbs, 9g Fiber, 11g Protein, HIGH in Vitamin A & C, 32% Daily Calcium, 23% Daily Iron

Replies

• where do you get the ingredients at??
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    when i was juicing my mom told me to try

cucumber, kale, chard, carrots, celery, apples and ginger

I know this isn't really a "shake" but if you had a vitamix or whatever you could throw it all in there and make it a shake instead of juicing it.
  • Yosemite4vr
    These ingredients should all be found at your local health food store. Over here, Henry's, Whole Foods or Trader Joe's. The green formula is a little more expensive but far less expensive than a daily coffee and far more nutritionally dense.

The Kefir comes in different flavors and if you need a little more sweetness, get strawberry or raspberry. It still has the great digestive properties.
  • Yosemite4vr
    The green food formula has a lot of those vegetables in them. I've juiced for a while and love fresh green shakes but i find myself with only a few minutes in the morning, so this does the trick!
This discussion has been closed.