Weight has plateau for 3.5 weeks but inches are coming off..

Options
So I have spent the last 3.5 weeks at a plateau.. trying to mix things up (exercise & calorie-wise) to get the scale to budge with no sucess (until this week.. but more on that in a minute) but I wanted to share this because although I was getting discouraged, I stuck with it and managed to still feel inches coming off. I noticed my shirts and pants are both feeling baggy even though I just went down a size a month ago. I think I am ready to go down another pant & shirt size, so I am going to test that out this weekend and that would make me down 4 pants sizes & 3 shirt sizes so far.. WOW! Plus, as I was walking to my car last night, I noticed in my shadow that there is actually a space between my thighs... WHOA.. serioulsy!!! This was awesome since they are one of my trouble spots and can't remember the last time it was like this. I guess those squats and lunges are starting to pay off!

So I finally got the scale to budge by upping my calories (from 1200 to 1300) and putting in extra spurts of 10-15 mins of cardio. I have managed to go down 2 lbs since those changes. I think it will constantly be a balance of finding what works for you and not getting too comfortable in certain exercises or regimens but please DON'T GIVE UP!! You can do this with patience and dedication! Everyone has heard, "if I can do it you can do it".. I seriously feel that way and never thought it would feel this great to finally be getting to where I want to be :)

Good luck everyone!

Replies

• lizfran
    Options
    Very motivational post! I have been at a plateau for 4 months now afer losing about 55 lbs! It's hard to believe but as I record my calories I see I may not be eating enough. You are right when it comes to constantly changing and finding what is right for you. My husband is on a strict worout routine for work. They are always changing it up and he is often saying how is sore (in a good way of course!) I never am even though I work out 5 times a week for 60-90 minutes. I believe my body is used to doing the same thing over and over therefore I am not working any new muscles.

Yesterday I did a few workout videos for a change and I am sore! It's proof that I am placing myself in this plateau. I think we get so used to doing what "did" work we find it hard to believe that it can't work the whole time. Though with weight loss this is not the case. Our bodies are constantly adapting so we need to adapt. It truly is a survival of the "fittest"!:laugh:
  • dawnslaughter
    Options
    as i keep telling people dont drop too low on your calories. i see people on here that have there calories set at 800, a child couldnt survive on 800 calories
  • tarbinator
    Options
    First of all, congratulations on your tremendous weight loss! Second of all, it's so great knowing that you have stuck with it to see the inches melt away. Gratifying, isn't it? I still remember when I lost 60 lbs. six years ago, and how great I felt every time I had a small victory with either my clothes or the scale!

Keep up the great work!

Lisa

2201661.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I would have to totally agree with your post. I was actually gaining weight instead of losing weight for 3 weeks. I was getting so frustrated and confused. I decided to change my diet a little and change my workout twice a week. It made a big difference. After 3 weeks of not losing anything, this past week I lost 2.8 lbs. I am also down another size (I think another 2 or 3 weeks and I will be there). Keep up the good work and thanks for the inspiration!!!
  • mskrissytina74
    Options
    Good Job!
    I have also hit that plateu and just recently changed my calories and upted my exercise a little! I hope I have the same great results.
    Persistence pays off!!! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!