Pancake/Waffle mix recipes

Options
utes09
utes09 Posts: 561 Member
Does anyone have a healthy homemade mix recipe? I have many recipes but all of them you have to make up the batch right then. I was wondering if anyone had a recipe that i could make of up dry mix and add my wet ingredients as I wanted to have a pancake or waffle.

Right now I'm using Fiber One's pancake mix because it helps me with my fiber goals, etc. But I just noticed how how the sodium is for my liking and would like to make an at-home go to mix.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Replies

• amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I bought some Bob's Red Mill whole wheat pastry flour. There is a recipe on the bag for pancakes using Greek Yogurt. It is very easy and they are good!
  • dspearsb
    dspearsb Posts: 186
    Options
    I don't make pancakes/waffles regularly. but when I have a craving I usually do a google search for easy vegan pancakes. I mix the dry ingredients and cover before bed so all I have to do in the morning is add the soy or almond milk. They're really good, even the kids love them.
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    this recipe makes the best pancakes i've ever had:

DRY
    1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour (i use the white whole wheat)
    1tsp baking powder
    2tbsp maple sugar flakes (i use stevia)
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/4 tsp sea salt

WET
    8 egg whites
    1 cup fat free cottage cheese
    1 cup fat free plain yogurt (i use fat free fage greek yogurt)

Prep:
    combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl, make a well in the center
    combine eggs, cottage cheese and yogurt in a small bowl then pour into well.
    Stir just until moistened

heat a non stick pan with light cooking spray
    heat should be medium high

use 1/4 cup batter for each pancake, cook until lightly brown on both sides.

serve with fruit

Nutritional info:
    per pancake.

81 cals, cals from fat 2, protein 7, carbs 12, fiber 1, sugars, 3 (or less if you use stevia), fat .03, sodium 112

Enjoy :)