Just for Tam - Favorite BOARD games

Options
So what's everyone's favorite board/card game? We LOVE games! Some of my favorites are Settlers of Catan and expansions, Slamwich, Apples to Apples.

Rio Grande Games and Mayfair Games have some really neat ones. You can find them online or at specialty game shops.

Replies

• 5KNohno
    5KNohno Posts: 503
    Options
    So what's everyone's favorite board/card game? We LOVE games! Some of my favorites are Settlers of Catan and expansions, Slamwich, Apples to Apples.

Rio Grande Games and Mayfair Games have some really neat ones. You can find them online or at specialty game shops.
  • HappyathomeMN
    HappyathomeMN Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Not a usual poster, but this I had to answer: Last Night on Earth and LNOE Growing hunger expansion.

:drinker:
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Apples to Apples is the BEST!!
    Also I'ma sucker for some Scattergories(sp?).
    Set is an awesome game too.

Good family times!

With friends we do wine and monopoly... turns into drunken monopoly... it's pretty rockin too!
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Love Apples to Apples! So fun - especially when you have a crazy bunch to play with!

Also Cranium - my husband and I get really competetive! We usually win.

When I was younger I loved this game called "Winning Ticket" you eaned money and bought lotto tickets and held drawings... it was fun :)
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Ohh yayyyy! *clapping*.....games I understand!! Thanks luvr! You rock!

I love Scrabble, Cranium, Backgammon, Monopoly, Sorry, Electronic Life (It is awesome!!), Battle of the Sexes, Imaginiff.

Oh and I like card games like Gin Rummy and UNO! HAHAHA!
  • 5KNohno
    Options
    We play Scramble with the Scrabble tiles too and that's fun. Love Yahtzee when hanging out and talking with the gals. My kids love Monopoly so I made a Monopoly board - chore edition - it works great too - no more complaining about who has to do what chores. Only problem it takes forever, but at least things get done eventually. :smile:
  • timisw
    timisw Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Besides being a Chess nutcase. I really like Cranium and oh gosh... forgot its name.

What is the game where one person pulls a card, reads a word, and everyone has to define a word. The person than reads the definitions and you get to move spaced depending on how many people picked your definitions... is it boulderdash?
  • 5KNohno
    Options
    Yep - Balderdash - LOVE IT! Hubby says it worries him that I'm such a good "liar". :smile: He just doesn't like it that I always beat him. :smile:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    What, nobody mentioned trivial pursuit for us smarty pants's (sp?)
  • timisw
    Options
    Yep - Balderdash - LOVE IT! Hubby says it worries him that I'm such a good "liar". :smile: He just doesn't like it that I always beat him. :smile:

I think I was hoping back to the last thread with Boulder Dash! ~smiling~

Balderdash...

That and anything that you have to draw at... like pictionary or Cranium!

Its always good to be a "sales person" at games like Balderdash! Its not really lying is it?
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    I love mostly games that u need to use ur noodle in...

Othello
    Chess
    Mind Trap
    Those are my favorite... I like to play cards also... mostly Cribbage... it's so hard to find anyone that knows how to play that :sad:
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    My fav as a kid was chutes and ladders.. now its scrabble..lol:bigsmile:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    What, nobody mentioned trivial pursuit for us smarty pants's (sp?)

I like Trivial Pursuit too! :)
  • timisw
    Options

Othello
    Chess
    Mind Trap
    Those are my favorite... I like to play cards also... mostly Cribbage... it's so hard to find anyone that knows how to play that :sad:

Concur with you on those!

If there is luck involved, its not nearly as much fun as when you lose that its your "own damn fault"
  • GravyGurl
    Options

Othello
    Chess
    Mind Trap

Concur with you on those!

If there is luck involved, its not nearly as much fun as when you lose that its your "own damn fault"

:laugh: :laugh: exactly!
  • 5KNohno
    Options
    Never played Cribbage, but we really like Rook, Canasta, and Spades.
  • timisw
    Options
    Never played Cribbage, but we really like Rook, Canasta, and Spades.

Throw in Hearts!!!!
  • GravyGurl
    Options
    I used to be on a spade league... Gosh I haven't played Rook in years either. Love Euchre too! Pinochle... but a lot of people hardly play that anymore. Hearts.

Mancala

Gosh I like to play alot of different ones now that I'm taking inventory here :laugh:
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    Never met a game I didn't like....mind-using or mindless! :ohwell:

We just played Balderdash last week.....fun. Also Beyond Balderdash is way fun....more variety.
    Also: Taboo, Guess Who (with the grandkids) and Compatibility (anybody heard of it?....don't think they make it any more)
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Cranium, Trivial Pursuit, Twilight Imperium, Catan, Talisman, LNoE...

Now if mini games are included, add Warhammer 40k, Warhammer Fantasy Battles, Heroclicks etc....

I do love me some 40k....