Body Fat Monitor

HollyMac20
HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
how accurate are the handheld bf monitors? I was thinking of getting one, but a buddy of mine said they weren't very accurate.

Thoughts from those that use them...

Thanks!

Replies

• LadyBarb
    LadyBarb Posts: 116
    I have one and it working with my body fat range.. really the only way to get a true body fat is have a underwater test done.
  • aweigh2go
    aweigh2go Posts: 164 Member
    You may be better off either buying an inexpensive body fat caliper. With that, you measure certain areas of your body and you can then figure out your BF based on your actual measurements. Another option to that and underwater is the BodPod. They are becoming more and more popular.
  • The manual calipers (I got one and body measuring tape on amazone for like $7.00) are more accurate than the electronic ones...although more painful because you have to pinch the skin :)
  • aweigh2go
    aweigh2go Posts: 164 Member
    You may be better off either buying an inexpensive (set of manual) body fat calipers. With that, you measure certain areas of your body and you can then figure out your BF based on your actual measurements. Another option to that and underwater is the BodPod. They are becoming more and more popular.
    [/quote]
This discussion has been closed.