what type of exercise

amypta
amypta Posts: 8 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Do you go to gym, exercise at home? With wts, DVD's Wii, treadmill? What works best for you?:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Replies

• soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Can't afford the gym also don't have time to go. I've been doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, heading into the last 10 days. I have some of her other dvd's and I am thinking of getting a kettle bell weight and trying 30 day shred with weights. I workout at 5 am then I'm off for the day.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Mainly I try to workout at the gym, more choices, more motivations (ok... I'm motivated by my MFP friends regardless where I am), and less distraction. But I also workout at home with DVDs, usually when it's way too late to go out, or too cold, or I want to double my workout for the day (once @ gym, once @ home) :P. It's more or less depends on your lifestyle, schedule.

I have pretty wide range of DVD selections, including Jillian Michaels. I have cardio, circuit training, yoga, kick boxing, pilate, strength, etc.
  • I do a combination of things: I workout at the gym 5 to 6 times per week (first about 30 minutes of cardio, then strength training - focusing on one group of body parts each session, i.e. Monday - arms, Tuesday - Legs, Wednesday - shoulders/back/chest, and then back through the rotation; I try to work abs daily).

Then I supplement that with DVDs (Jillian Michaels 30 day shred, Shakeology 30 and 50, Slim in 6) on days that I either can't make the gym, or just need to get some extra burn in.

Then I also skate in roller derby, so I've got practice 2-3 times per week.

And now, on the advice of one of our coaches, I need to get back to running (which I prefer to just do outdoors/on the street).
  • I go down to my work out room in my Apt building and also use my EA sports active on my Wii.... and sometimes I use my wii fit
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Love my gym... sociable, friendly... like to do some classes like spin or Body Pump. Like getting on the C2s (rowing). Do strength training.

I run outdoors, usually on my own, I prefer it that way.

I also road ride.

And swim a bit.
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    I workout at home early in the morning. WIth 3 kids, a husband and a stay-at-home full time job (child care) I don't have time to go to the gym. Maybe someday I'll be a gym rat, but for now I'm a living-room rat. :)

I have been doing some Jillian Michael's DVD's. I also do some LEslie Sansone DVD's. I'm thinking that once the weather is nicer I'd like to try training for a 5K. SOmething like the couch to 5K plan. But I've not yet told anyone (except here at MFP) that idea.
  • maffydavison
    maffydavison Posts: 51 Member
    I am currently doing run/walk intervals for my cardio and have to get a routine going for strength training.

The resolutionaries take over my gym from January to March, so it's hard to get into the classes I like. However, my current job (temp) ends the end of the month, so I may have some time before my next gig to get in some spinning classes (LOVE THEM) and Zumba (LOVE IT) at the gym.

Otherwise, I've got my electronic training music from podrunner.com and just chug along building my average pace up. I started with an average pace of 16 min/mi and now have an average of 13 min/mi and it's only been a week, so I'm jazzed. Love those training mixes and highly recommend them for new or returning (like me) runners.
This discussion has been closed.