Anyone know any filling 100-150 calorie snacks???

Options
I'm at university a.k.a college for you americans :laugh:
and I'm in from like 9 to 5 monday to friday and my university is quite far from home. For the past two weeks I've been eating lunch at university and they don't have much healthy, filling food so I 've decided to keep to my own home cooked and monitored meals as spring is coming fast and I really want to keep on track so I want some filling, tasty, low calorie snacks that I can snack on till I get home. Any idea's???? :ohwell:

Replies

• hardybelle83
    Options
    100 calorie packs of almonds is my pick!
  • Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    the best advice I've had recently is having a bagel mini whole wheat and a laughing cow cheese wedge. Not sure if you have that over there but I'm sure you have something similar. I toast it before work and throw it into my bag for later. Bagel is 110 calories and wedge is 35 and is SUPER filling.
    5100 Posts: 1
    Options
    Progresso soup, super filling and only like 80 calories!!
  • Toaster88
    Options
    Special K bars. Many flavors, easy to carry, 90 cals.
  • neebelung
    Options
    Fiber One bars (140 calories) with a bottle of water
    Steamed Edamame (90 calories)
  • person99
    Options
    Zbar is good. Clif Kid - Organic Chocolate Chip Zbar, 1 bar is only 130 calories.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, almonds or string cheese with a few crackers
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese, laughing cow cheese w/ crackers, apple with peanut or almond butter, almonds, fruit, hummus
  • Epiphanae
    Options
    Trader Joe's Omega trail mix is awesome, just separate into pre-made little snack baggies. And PS nuts and dried fruits are ESPECIALLY essential for women.
  • LettyGates
    Options
    fiber one 90 calrie chewy bars chocolate are super yummy and filling.
  • blumuse
    blumuse Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    fresh baby carrots and celery with a small wedge of cheese
  • MissJennaBelle
    Options
    Marks and Spencers Salted Popcorn - 'standard crisp sized bag' is 80 cal

Or Dutch Melba Toast with a light spread/dip?
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Brunswick kipper snacks ( Herring) 130 cals, 16 g protein and yummy
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Sliced apple with one ounce of reduced-fat cream cheese.
    Celery with peanut butter.
    Hard-boiled egg
    Banana
    30ish green grapes
  • missismonty
    missismonty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Few slices off good quality ham does the trick for me, no sugar and protein so keeps you going for longer. Good luck! X
  • vegheadmomma
    Options
    I love to snack, and keeping it healthy is a trick you have to learn. I love to eat a whole tomato and then a string cheese, dice it all up and then drizzle balsamic vinegar on it, it's fancy rich tasting snack. I also snack on serving of almonds. I love to eat hard boiled eggs, or one scrambled egg and a 1/4 of whites. Celery is a appetite suppresent food, so if you want eat some sticks of that and some laughing cow cheese.
  • fat_beyonce
    fat_beyonce Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the ideas i especially love the popcorn and bagel idea and i'm definitely trying almonds
    Thanks again guys :smooched:
  • spackham
    spackham Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Heat corn tortilla until bendable. Add 1 wedge of Laughing Cow Light cheese and 1/2 green onion, chopped. Roll into an enchilada. Cover with enchilada sauce. Heat in micro until melted cheese. Yum. Anyone want to share a favorite snack food.

Flour tortilla with any frozen mixed veg. Choose a topping: Parmesan cheese, or any grilling spice mixture, teriaki sauce, butter substitute, olive oil w/salt + pepper. (you could use corn tortilla to be under 100 calories.)
  • julesvern2011
    Options
    Hi! Protein is your best bet. An apple w/low-fat cheese, seeds or nuts (1/4 of cup), 4-6 oz. of turkey,chicken, and the old stand-by of celery and natural peanut butter....I hope this helps!:smooched: :smile:
  • Othos
    Othos Posts: 33
    Options
    I'm fond of Brothers All Natural fruit crisps. They're sold in big boxes at Costco, and are basically individual serving-size foil bags of freeze-dried fruit. The only ingredient is the fruit, and they're about 45 calories a bag. Because they re-hydrate almost as some as they enter your mouth, the fruit bulks up pretty well and is decently filling.

For instance, the bag I've got at work right now is 39 calories, and contains 1.5 apples. They also have pears, and a bag with strawberries and bananas.