Suggestion for Diet Pill

Options
2»

Replies

• crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    no point since the diet pills of the 90s and early 00's were made with ephedra. It was the ECA stack (ephedra caffeine and asprin). The FDA has banned ephedrine in 2006 from diet pills so they are now useless
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Oxy Elite if your not gonna take no pill for an answer : )

Appetite suppressant

Agreed...It's a thermogenic and does give you great energy for pre workouts.

But do NOT rely on a diet pill for the be all end all for your weight loss journey.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to supress your appetite, drink water and skip the "diet" pill. Have you ever read the ingredients on the back of the boxes for "diet pills"? yuck
  • HawkeyeGuy
    Options
    Dare I answer, or do I just bite my tongue and hope when she comes back to MFP in six months weighing more than she started that she will have learned the hard way?
  • HawkeyeGuy
    Options
    Thermogenic - great workout energy? Skip the pills, why not just recommend meth?

[/quote]

Agreed...It's a thermogenic and does give you great energy for pre workouts.

But do NOT rely on a diet pill for the be all end all for your weight loss journey.
    [/quote]
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Hmm..I have never heard of Oxy Elite. Can you buy it in the stores? When I took phentermine I liked it. But I took it basically to get me going. Which I know alot of people who have been on it for years. But you suppose to get checked by a doctor every month. But I liked it, it is a appetite suppresant. I liked it because instead of eating everything I wanted to for a meal, I just ate what I needed.

It does make you not hungry at all, but you still have to eat period. Now with any diet, diet pills, or anything you have to learn to eat healthier. You can not lose all the weight with a diet pill. Then go off of it and have not learned to eat healthier.

But like i already said, I dont see anything wrong with it, just take it for a little bit. Definetly not over 3 months, you dont want to become dependent on a diet pill. But I figured everyone is a adult, your going to do what you want to do nomatter what anyone says. And that comes with everything in life.

You know I had tried this energy drink one time.....I forgot what it was called. But it came in a big purple can and it was grape flavored. But I drank that energy drink......OMG I was really jittery and I felt my heart just a racing. I wanted to clean everything. I just kept talking and talking and fast too. It freaked me out. But that was the last time I drank a energy drink. lol My husband drinks them quite a bit.

But.....Good Luck with your choices..:bigsmile:

Its made by USP labs and Gnc has it also! I bought mine online!

Also the GNC in my area offer a trial sample pack of 10 for only $6-$7 or something like that.
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    :flowerforyou: instead of going on a diet pill for "just your first week", why dont you go INTO your new lifestyle "diet" a little more slowly to give yourself time to learn and to adjust. There is NO REASON to rush into this and there is no reason to feel like you are in a RUSH to lose X# lbs/week/month, etc. .... Why not take this first week to accurately MEASURE and RECORD everything that you normally eat. Once you start doing this, you will start to see some patterns in your numbers and you will find yourself cutting back. Maybe set your goals INITIALLY for maintaining or losing only 0.5lbs/week. Next, concentrate on getting your water in and your portion-control down. Watch your sodium (!). Slowly work at cutting the "crap food" out of your diet (at least 80% of the time!) and add in nutritious foods. If you spend the first month LEARNING how to eat better and slowly working your way towards "better" taking baby steps the whole way, you WILL NOT NEED a diet pill and your successes will be life-long as its KNOWLEDGE you can always turn to later! Remember, it takes about 6-8 weeks for something to become habit, so why not spend the next 6-8 weeks focusing on HEALTH. .... Please dont be impatient with yourself or the process. Love yourself enough to do it smart, k? :)