Spaghetti Squash

Options
OK, I'm hooked. So tell me what else to do with it other than the things I have already thought of:

1. Just a touch of butter and a lot of chipotle tabasco.

2. add spaghetti sauce to it.

3. Today for lunch I made a bowl concoction that contained a cup of squash, 1/2 cup reduced sodium black beans, chopped up a chicken thigh, a tbsp of BBQ sauce and 1/8 cup cheddar cheese. Melted it all together and I'm loving it. 300 calories approx.

Now
what else have you guys thought of to use it for?

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    yep, I am addicted to stuff too. Melt some laughing cow cheese in it---sort of alfredo-ish.
  • givprayz
    givprayz Posts: 328
    Options
    I used it under a Chinese-style stir-fry last week, instead of rice or rice noodles. I also serve it with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese as a side dish, or mixed into soups and stews. I put left over vegetarian chili over it today, instead of spaghetti. It's very versatile. We are newly hooked on it too!
  • lklein
    lklein Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I just tried it last night and loved it. I put it with my stir fry and it was pretty good. I think it would be good in place of any noodles; thinking about making pesto to put on it. I also think it would be a great added ingredient to a lot of different dishes, for example chili, lasagna, beef stew, etc. You can really go wrong since the squash doesnt have a strong flavor.
  • Purplegal
    Purplegal Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I try and use it anytime I make a pasta dish for my family...love it!
  • michyrn
    michyrn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Go to Allrecipes.com and type in Spagetti Squash, there is a bunch or good recipes on there :)