Replies

• DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MamaLeague
    MamaLeague Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I cannot find the special k crackers. Where are you all getting them?

We get them @ almost any grocery or multiline retailer like Walmart or Target.

Man. I looked all over Kroger. Maybe I'll try Walmart? Are they with the normal crackers?
  • ASkinnyGirlInside
    Options
    WOW!!! I am definitely going to try these! They look delicious!!!! What is the total nutrition count for the patties?
  • mrsbullard21
    Options
    Sounds and looks yummy! We make salmon patties a lot at home, very similar recipe but I bet tuna is awesome too.
  • MyFatPublicSecrets
    MyFatPublicSecrets Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I cannot find the special k crackers. Where are you all getting them?

We get them @ almost any grocery or multiline retailer like Walmart or Target.

Man. I looked all over Kroger. Maybe I'll try Walmart? Are they with the normal crackers?

here they are on the aisle with the regular crackers... near the little crackers like wheat thins and triscuits and such
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Made them last night with Panko crumbs! So yummy! Even DH who thought the idea of it was gross wanted some as soon as they started cooking!
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    My fiance told me he saw this on here, it looks good and I will have to make them!!
  • modernmom70
    Options
    Canned tuna is something to avoid. It has very high levels of mercury which gets absorbed but not flushed from your body. It actually collects in your brain. High levels of heavy metals in the brain has been linked with Alzheimer's and Autism. Canned tuna also has high levels of BPA which leaches from the can lining. BPA causes several health problems including reproductive problems.

It is true you should limit your consumption of albacore tuna the white kind to about 1 can a week, and for children about every 2 weeks. But there is relatively low amounts of mercury in the light variety. So you shouldn't eat it every day and choose the light over the white most times. Tuna also has many health benefits.
  • porchwork
    porchwork Posts: 69
    Options
    bump
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    These sound amazing!! Anyone know how many patties the original recipe makes?
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna is something to avoid. It has very high levels of mercury which gets absorbed but not flushed from your body. It actually collects in your brain. High levels of heavy metals in the brain has been linked with Alzheimer's and Autism. Canned tuna also has high levels of BPA which leaches from the can lining. BPA causes several health problems including reproductive problems.

Albacore is high in mercury not white tuna
  • modernmom70
    Options

Albacore is high in mercury not white tuna

Albacore IS White Tuna. Light Tuna is skipjack, yellowfin, and tongol.
  • sewele
    sewele Posts: 27
    Options
    Bump!
  • sandybeach11
    sandybeach11 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    bump
  • humbug12
    humbug12 Posts: 18
    Options
    bump :)
  • dcjulian
    dcjulian Posts: 33
    Options
    bump
  • charding40
    Options
    they look and sound awesome! thanks for sharing :)
  • MaryD4900
    MaryD4900 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    These sound amazing!! Anyone know how many patties the original recipe makes?

Made them tonight, and ended up w/ about 12 small patties. I used 1/2 c. bread crumbs and 1/4 c. oatmeal. Next time I will use all oatmeal. I didn't have the seasoning the recipe called for, so I added a bunch of garlic powder, some lime juice, soy sauce, hot sauce, and diced onions. Turned out pretty good. You can cut the calories by using cooking spray instead of the olive oil.
  • mindy71183
    Options
    Bump!