30 Day Shred and Rest Days

NOLAdy
NOLAdy Posts: 133 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I recently bought the 30 Day Shred DVD, and I do it every night. I also do weight training on a regular basis and I like my Spin Class.
Today I'm taking a rest day from the gym, but still kind of want to do my 30 Day Shred. It's a quick little workout. Should I just not do any of it today? I hate not doing anything. If it weren't raining here I would probably take my kids to the park to play soccer, or is something like that not considered a "rest day" either?

I guess what I'm asking is, what is the real defination of a rest day? A break from the weights, but you can still do a little cardio? A break from everything?

Replies

• HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    I don't think you really need rest days unless your body is telling you it needs a break. I am not familiar with weight lifting, but I assume that you might need rest days from that, but I think with cardio (and likewise with the 30DS), you can do it as often as you'd like until your body says otherwise. If you're up for doing the Shred today, get to it girl! Just listen to your body.
  • Ive learned alot through the years about fitness and eating habits. My trainer througth the years told me that if you dont give your muscles a rest you will end up getting burnt out and give up.. Another reason is your body needs to refresh itself and your mind too. I workout 4-5 days a week and love it and no regrets. When I first started out at 175 a yr ago I worked out more because you need to get your metabolism going at a rate that you can maintain your weight as I do now. I weight 152 and still losing as I speak. Its not a number issue anymore for me. Im in the process of toning my body and using cardio with weights. I love Jullian Michaels. I did her 30 day Shred and lost all my weight because of her. I also have 5 more dvd's that I change up. I dont do the same workout everyday. I switch it up to shock my body.. Now thats because im really close to my goal weight.. So if you feel like you need to workout at least try to take 1-2 days off for you muscles and mind.. You are a great inspiration to all.. :)

Hope this helped..
    Susie...
This discussion has been closed.