MFP Runner's Club - June 19th

Options
ali106
ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
OMG I started the thread ladies LMBO...this is a first!

finishing my coffee and heading out the door for another 3 miles....maybe more....def. no less...lol

hugs and hope all your runs and days of rest go well!
Ali...

oooo its misty out...great running weather!
:drinker:

Replies

• ali106
    Options
    OMG I started the thread ladies LMBO...this is a first!

finishing my coffee and heading out the door for another 3 miles....maybe more....def. no less...lol

hugs and hope all your runs and days of rest go well!
    Ali...

oooo its misty out...great running weather!
    :drinker:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!! Have fun on your run Ali! :flowerforyou:

I got up and out of bed for my 5 miles this morning. I'm so happy I got out (thx Shannon).
    I feel ready for the day!

Have a great day and run all!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    Options
    woo hoo Mireille!!! (thanks to miss Shannon that is LMBO)

I got my run on...omg I have these two heartbreak hills, the first is at the mile mark and the last is the last stretch omg I wanted to just stop today I was looking at the last hill getting psyched out and then a bus full of kiddies drove by and were waving and basically waved me on LMBO I then turned into rocky and conquered that bad boy...ah the power of kids!:heart::laugh:

hugs to all!
    Ali...time for a super duper shower ciao!!!:wink:
  • LandBsdotingchauffeur
    Options
    Just reposting for Christina from yesterday's thread.

Thu 06/19/08 04:38 AMQUOTE:

Ok, I'm curious. I just started running, and I'm only up to about 3-5 minutes at a time, but improving! Some of you are talking about the couch to 5k program...can someone send me a link to a post or a place where I can find the info for this? I love to run, but the idea of a structured plan sounds much more motivating. Thanks in advance!

Christina

Here's the link: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

It's down near the middle of the page. Some guy also did podcasts to each week so you wouldn't have to use a timer, which is nice in the beginning since you're starting and stopping so much. It's techno music though. I used it for the first 3 weeks or so and then just kept track with my own music and my tready clock. http://www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/podcasts/podcasts.html

I'll repost this on today's thread as well!
    Heidi
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    woo hoo Mireille!!! (thanks to miss Shannon that is LMBO)

I got my run on...omg I have these two heartbreak hills, the first is at the mile mark and the last is the last stretch omg I wanted to just stop today I was looking at the last hill getting psyched out and then a bus full of kiddies drove by and were waving and basically waved me on LMBO I then turned into rocky and conquered that bad boy...ah the power of kids!:heart::laugh:

hugs to all!
    Ali...time for a super duper shower ciao!!!:wink:

It amazing how little kids can motivate us. Awesome job on your run and way to go on conquering those hills. You are rocking Ms Ali! :flowerforyou:
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Yay me! I got up this morning to do workout 2 of week 6 of Couch to 5k. 10 minutes running, 3 walking, 10 running. The last 10 minutes were hard, I think it was the hills. We don't have big ones, but they are still hills and can be tough to climb some days. I will probably get workout 3 done on Saturday morning. 25 minutes straight. Whoa boy, here I go!

Also - I am leaving tomorrow morning on vacation to Philly area. I will have access to internet at my sil's place, but don't know how much time I will have to get on and post. So, if you don't hear from me, I haven't stopped running or fallen off the face of the earth :happy:
    Have a great day everyone! - Margie
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    GO GO GO You guys ROCK

No running for me today.:tongue: I am not even going to be logging today. I am completely taking the day off to celebrate my daughter's birthday! Since we're having a pool party, I'll make sure I do some swimming.

Enjoy the day:flowerforyou:
    -Kechie.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    GO GO GO You guys ROCK

No running for me today.:tongue: I am not even going to be logging today. I am completely taking the day off to celebrate my daughter's birthday! Since we're having a pool party, I'll make sure I do some swimming.

Enjoy the day:flowerforyou:
    -Kechie.

Happy Birthday lil Kechie!! :drinker:

Glad I motivated you, Mireille! :smooched: I overslept this morning. :laugh: I'll git er done tommorrow though! :smile:

Happy running all! Enjoy your vacation, Margie! :drinker:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Wow! You guys are rocking it already!

Ali: I can see those kiddos cheering for you.....you know, they thought you were Rocky, too.....I just want to know if you danced around with your arms in the air when you got to the top?

WTG Margie! I hope you enjoy your vacay! You're doing great with your running.

Glad you were able to get up and out this morning, Mireille. I plan to hit the treadmill this afternoon. I know I will feel better when I do. I downloaded some new tunes to my iPod last night, so I'm ready to roll!

AND! Happy Birthday to your little one, Kechie! Have fun in the pool! Sounds divine!

I'll check back in later and let you guys know about my run. I'm hoping for 5m, but we'll see what time allows.
  • ali106
    Options
    Wow! You guys are rocking it already!

Ali: I can see those kiddos cheering for you.....you know, they thought you were Rocky, too.....I just want to know if you danced around with your arms in the air when you got to the top?

WTG Margie! I hope you enjoy your vacay! You're doing great with your running.

Glad you were able to get up and out this morning, Mireille. I plan to hit the treadmill this afternoon. I know I will feel better when I do. I downloaded some new tunes to my iPod last night, so I'm ready to roll!

AND! Happy Birthday to your little one, Kechie! Have fun in the pool! Sounds divine!

I'll check back in later and let you guys know about my run. I'm hoping for 5m, but we'll see what time allows.

rotflmbo...girl you know I did!! AND...AND...was yelling wooo! wooo!....(mainly to catch my breath but still it was very in the role LOL)

hugs!

and happy bday to your little one Kechie!!:flowerforyou:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I am getting ready to head over to the gym for the basewide 5k in a few minutes. The rain held off, although now it is rather hot... i think I would rather have rain! Oh well, it should be fun.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    K... just got back from my run... 1.5 miles... it was suppose to be a nice walk with hubbz, my 2 y/o & pup but I got in the mood to run so I did. The pup was pooped so I had to come home... still waiting for hubbz & daughter:laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Good luck proudmama, let us know how it goes!! :drinker:

&

Good job, Joanna! You keep increasing your distance!! Woot-Woot!! :drinker:
  • christina31
    christina31 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thank you Heidi!!! :flowerforyou: Looks like I'm officially joining the MFP Runner's Club. I think I'll start day 1 of week 1 of the couch to 5k this afternoon as soon as hubby gets home to watch the little one! Way to go to everyone on their success today and wish me luck! I'll check in tonight to let you know how it goes.

:heart: Christina
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Good luck proudmama, let us know how it goes!! :drinker:

&

Good job, Joanna! You keep increasing your distance!! Woot-Woot!! :drinker:
    Thanks Shannon!... Im'a tryin'!:bigsmile:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your couch to 5K Christina! Way to go everyone!
    Terry:flowerforyou:
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Back from the 5k. Way to hot! It was 87 degrees out! I am dying now!!! I finished it in 36 minutes even. I started out WAY faster then my normal pace but ended up averaging out to about normal since I ran the second half a little slower. I took every ounce of ambition to shower and put my uniform on to come back to work! :laugh:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Back from the 5k. Way to hot! It was 87 degrees out! I am dying now!!! I finished it in 36 minutes even. I started out WAY faster then my normal pace but ended up averaging out to about normal since I ran the second half a little slower. I took every ounce of ambition to shower and put my uniform on to come back to work! :laugh:

WTG Proudmama!! I'm sure it was hard to go on back to work, but now you can drift through your afternoon on adrenaline!:tongue:

I just finished 5.25m. I also went out with my girlies on my bike this morning. I've got hella calories to eat. YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Happy trails everybody.
    Pam
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    getting my run in really late today but I am going for it...I am trying to get a new record of 2.75 miles in a half hour! Better get out there and get it done.....run run run
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Ok, I didn't reach my 2.75miles in 30 minutes but I did go longer than I planned and ended up doing 4.6 miles in an hour. Not my best but definitely not my worst.....yay me!:laugh: