Are carbs good, or bad?

2»

Replies

• lhague
    lhague Posts: 258
    it is also worth noting that the carbs in fruit are almost entirely disaccharides are broken down and metabolized much more rapidly than the polysaccharides in vegetables, and grains.

I ate too much fruit today, SHOULD I PURGE :laugh:
  • Great info; thanks for sharing
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Carbs are a bit of both really. Pasta is good for you as long as you have it in moderation! Also by having carbs if you do not burn it off afterwards it will turn into fat and therefore will not loose any weight! You should keeep bread to a very low minimum, maybe 1-2 slices a day, try keep it at the brown bread, or even better the weighwatchers bread! Also a good tip whilst trying to loose weight is too cut out everything that had flour init, e.g cakes, bread, pasta etc. But you can still have this in moderation. Hope this has helped.
  • soysos
    soysos Posts: 187 Member
    it is also worth noting that the carbs in fruit are almost entirely disaccharides are broken down and metabolized much more rapidly than the polysaccharides in vegetables, and grains.

wouldn't do any good, some of that sugar gets into your blood while your still chewing. keep in mind while most fruit have a low concentration of carbs it is mostly sucrose, also known as table sugar a disaccharide composed of glucose and fructose, as well as some pure fructose.
  • lhague
    lhague Posts: 258

wouldn't do any good, some of that sugar gets into your blood while your still chewing. keep in mind while most fruit have a low concentration of carbs it is mostly sucrose, also known as table sugar a disaccharide composed of glucose and fructose, as well as some pure fructose.

I was joking, I agree with you completely. I was being absurd due to the people wanting to not eat their fruits. I'm a "veggie" as my family calls me, fruits and veggies are a huge part of my day. :tongue:
This discussion has been closed.