Extra calories

Options
douganl
douganl Posts: 283 Member
Hey guys ~ If you overeat by just a small amount of calories (say 100 or so) one day...do you make up for that the next day or because it isn't that much do you just let is slide???? Thanks!!!!!

Replies

• douganl
    Options
    Hey guys ~ If you overeat by just a small amount of calories (say 100 or so) one day...do you make up for that the next day or because it isn't that much do you just let is slide???? Thanks!!!!!
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    If it is a once-in-a-while occurence, I would let it slide. Your body doesn't respond to immediate fluctuations that way. 100 cals extra one day and then returning to your standard intake should not throw you out of kilter. Plus, if you are eating the right way, and maintaining it as a way of life, you aren't stuck, staring at you food entries and scale... rather it is the "way of life" and, in my opinion, a much healthier way to approach things.
  • shashod
    shashod Posts: 103
    Options
    I find it very difficult NOT to go over my daily calories, impossible the days I don't exercise. But I don't force myself to make up the difference the next day, I just try to make better choices. :smile:
  • insearchofskinny
    Options
    For me... every day is a new beginning.

Good Luck!
  • sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I have days when I go a little :grumble: over and some a little under. I start new everyday and dont beat myself up about it. I would let it go. If it make you feel better go a little under but stay with in your 1200 cal, not under and you will be fine. :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    if you are only over 100 or so, and you have the time you could go for a brisk walk around the block or something to burn them off. 100 really isn't very many so I don't think you need to "make up for it" the next day. Either burn a bit off before bed or log it as is and move on. good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • douganl
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I will just "forget" about them :wink:
  • frankp
    frankp Posts: 83
    Options
    100 calories... that's not much. I don't think you should worry about making up for it the following day.

If you only go over by that much you're still losing weight.

Do you know what your maintenance calorie level is? I figure as long as I'm under my maintenance calorie level (plus excercise calories) then I'm still losing weight. If you go into goals and change your goal to maintenance you can see what your maintenance calorie level is.

For me:

Maintenance 2010 calories per day

My goal 1/2 lb per week 1760 calories per day

If my goal was 2 lb per week 1200 calories per day

So as you can see, going over by 100 calories, you're still losing weight for the day. Keep up the good work.