Strength training burns calories too!!

Kcneufville
Kcneufville Posts: 16 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
As I was logging my exercise for today, I noticed that MFP did not calculate any calories burned for the strength training I did. I decided to look into this matter and found that strength training can burn from 8-10 calories/minute. I wonder why MFP does not consider strength training as a means of burning calories. Has anyone else had this problem? or Does anyone know of a way to log this type of exercise so that the calories burned gets counted?

Replies

• Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Strength training is in the cardio database, actually :)
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    I was frustrated by this too. The bottom section where you put in your exercise, reps and weights is just for your tracking to see your progress and where to increase. If you go to the cardio section, you can select strength training/weight lifting and it will give you calories burned. I was much happier when I found that out. :happy:
  • ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    The strength training section of the exercise diary is to record your reps/weights so you can keep track of progress. If you want to show cals burned, look up Strength Training in the cardio section, there is an entry for it there. :flowerforyou:
  • OMG you speak my mind <3
  • Kcneufville
    Ok. Thanks guys! I'm new to this. I was pretty discouraged when I thought all my hard work didn't count!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Use "circuit training" - I find this to be the closest to actual calories burned.
  • Kcneufville
    thanks Kdiamond. I will definitely use the circuit training next time.
This discussion has been closed.