For the 30 something dads out there, women feel free to comm

Options
2»

Replies

• ColeyShadrick
    ColeyShadrick Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    34 year old dad here! I started this journey on New Years Day have lost 27 pounds without any exercise so far. I am also 5'8" and started at 230.5 and want to get to 175. I ordered P90x and am waiting patiently for it to get here. I have not taken any measurements, so I will and then repost. I am game for alittle competetion!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, this week my challenge to the group is to try and beat thier personal bests at whichever exercise they like by 5%, if you do not currently exercise then I recommend you try something either walking or some form of exercise, there is no day like the present to start a healthy habit.
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Alright, here goes. I'm lucky enough to have an elliptical machine at home so I'm going to go upstairs right now and nail that 5%. We'll see how it goes!
  • outersoul
    Options
    Welcome aboard, this week my challenge to the group is to try and beat thier personal bests at whichever exercise they like by 5%, if you do not currently exercise then I recommend you try something either walking or some form of exercise, there is no day like the present to start a healthy habit.

I'm there already. I upped my dumbbell lifts by 5lbs a set this week!
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    Good going guys, I am going to my workout in a bit here I am aiming to do my 5% improvement and will post back when I do.
  • Dan112358
    Options
    So here's the details (and I think it might be more than a one-time thing): I usually did 30 min on the elliptical on level 5 of 20 (I know, I know) and tonight I did 35 min at level 7 using a more intense program. It was more of a "rolling" intensity but even during the easier intervals I found it still was a bit challenging. A couple of times I thought about bailing out and packing it in but honestly the motivation to come back here and make this post kept me up there. Thanks for the motivation & I'll be back soon.
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    way to go dan good to hear brother.
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    ok so I went to the gym and started the exhaustion workout, treadmills were all busy so I went to the track area and ran a 8.5 min mile then 1 treadmill opened up so I went for it and ran an additional 4 miles in 44 mins doing speed intervals, previous best was 4 miles so 5 miles over 4 miles thats an improvement of 25% lads I am sure I am gonna hurt tomorrow but I would not have pushed so hard if not for the challenge I did it for you boys.
  • Dan112358
    Options
    Congratulations newfiedan. It's amazing what you can accomplish with a little motivation. Keep it up!
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    yeah and I have the sore muscles today to prove it lol. I am going to head to the gym for my weights today then hit the hot tub mmmmm hot tub. Weighed intoday at 178 down 1 more lb, and I also adjusted my cals from 2200ish to 2000, I have to punch a new hole in my belt today lol my smallest one goes right up over my bellybutton now and I can pull down my jeans without undoing my belt, hard to believe that a lil over 2 mths ago I could not even do my belt up to that notch.
  • outersoul
    Options
    As promised, here are my measurements:

Chest 45
    Waist 46.5
    Neck 18.25
    Bicep 16.25
    Forearm 13.25
    Thigh 25
    Calf 20.25

I've lost an inch on my waist so far this week. I don't have other measurements because that's all I took last week. I wish I would've measured when I first started. My workouts have been really good this week. I've upped all my lifts across the board. I'm going to stick with the lifting routine I've been doing for two more weeks then switch it up. I might do four weeks of kettleball exercises next.
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    Yeah its to bad my gym does not have those, I have heard lots of good things about it. Well now that you are measured you have a reference to go back to, I wish I had done mine as well when I started, I am just happy that even on what was once my tighest belt hole slips right over my waist without having to undo it lol. Soon be time to buy some new jeans as all my older ones are to big now. I swim in my fav baggier jeans now.
  • vijaynmuthu
    vijaynmuthu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 37ish. I started my P90x + Regular workout on Jan 10th. Along with Diet and Exercise able to get to my first milestone. Today here are my measurements

Weight : 165.0
    Chest : 37.0
    Waist : 36.6

Have lost 1.5 inches since the begin of this year. Am jumping in and great to see a dad support group..
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    welcome aboard brother, I see a ton of posts for women thought it would help us form a mens group and support eachother.
  • Newfiedan
    Options
    I am going to move this over to another part of the board here in a bit so anyone interested I will post what section in just a lil bit here. Ok moved this to the motivation and support section lets move it over there since its more appropriate. link;
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/173185-support-for-the-men-dads-on-the-forum-re-for-the-30-som
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!