They SMILED at me!

Options
Okay, so I haven't lost a lot of weight, but I've lost a few inches in my upper body and I've really toned my arms and legs since I've been working out. :happy: Today, I was in a pickle becasue my son dropped my iron and broke it:explode: , so I couldn't iron my clothes for work. :grumble: So, I had to sort through the closet to find something that I didn't have to iron, but that was comfortable and appropriate for work. Lo and behold, I see a skirt that I hadn't worn in a few months because I'd gained so much weight the waist of the skirt hurt!:sick: I held it in front of my eyes....I put one leg in...then the other....and slloooowly pulled it over my hips! Guess what!!!??? It FIT!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: And GOOD, too! So, I paired it with a nice blouse and put on my strapy sandals and headed for work.

I am walking through the hallway headed for the coffee vendor, and two men who I think are finer than Billy Dee on a breezy, warm summer's day just gazed at me for a moment and SMILED!!!:happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: Oh, the joy in being OGGLED again! And I haven't even met my goal weight yet!!! Shoot, if it feels this good at 3 pounds, I can only imagine the looks after I lose 112 more!!! :drinker:

:heart: Button

Replies

• AugustBaby1973
    Options
    Okay, so I haven't lost a lot of weight, but I've lost a few inches in my upper body and I've really toned my arms and legs since I've been working out. :happy: Today, I was in a pickle becasue my son dropped my iron and broke it:explode: , so I couldn't iron my clothes for work. :grumble: So, I had to sort through the closet to find something that I didn't have to iron, but that was comfortable and appropriate for work. Lo and behold, I see a skirt that I hadn't worn in a few months because I'd gained so much weight the waist of the skirt hurt!:sick: I held it in front of my eyes....I put one leg in...then the other....and slloooowly pulled it over my hips! Guess what!!!??? It FIT!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: And GOOD, too! So, I paired it with a nice blouse and put on my strapy sandals and headed for work.

I am walking through the hallway headed for the coffee vendor, and two men who I think are finer than Billy Dee on a breezy, warm summer's day just gazed at me for a moment and SMILED!!!:happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile: Oh, the joy in being OGGLED again! And I haven't even met my goal weight yet!!! Shoot, if it feels this good at 3 pounds, I can only imagine the looks after I lose 112 more!!! :drinker:

:heart: Button
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    {{whistles...catcalls...}} Get used to it!! :drinker:

WTG!! :wink:
  • divalovesyou1
    Options
    You GO GIRL!! :bigsmile: Work that Skirt!!:wink:
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I looooove it when my efforts are recognized, and certainly yours have! Congrats! :wink:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Awesome job:drinker:
  • fynendandi1
    fynendandi1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I know just how you feel, it is so nice when people start to notice your success. i had a man that I have known for four years stare at me the other night. Finally I looked at him and said "what is your problem?" he said "your face looks so differant you are so beautiful" I was taken back, I see this man a few times a week and he just now sees that i am beautiful?:laugh:
    Enjoy it girl, and you got it ......when you get to your fianl goal wiehgt you are going to be stopping traffic!!!!
  • GravyGurl
    GravyGurl Posts: 1,070
    Options
    :drinker: GREAT JOB!!!!
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    Awesome job! :heart:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Work it girl!!! :laugh: :laugh: Sorry couldnt resist :wink: but seriously....CONGRATS!!! It feels great when people notice!!! :smile: