how do i write this exercise up?

tarjake
tarjake Posts: 56 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
ok, i cant find what i am doing in the exercise list, but i am using the tension bands (big rubber band things with handle, tied off to a pole) and doing sets of 50 twists, rotating from right all the way left with as much tension pulling back on the bands as i can handle. i am also doing my pec deck and bench sets inbetween with no rest, for 30 minutes. is this considered general aerobics?

Replies

• lhague
    lhague Posts: 258
    Did you look under strength training? Resistance training is not considered cardio, even tho the heart rate can elevate some.
  • tarjake
    i was under the impression (maybe the mistaken impression) that if you went quickly from one exercise to the next (super sets) that you were, in a sense, doing aerobics, like bench to bike to incline to bike...ect. putting a cardio exercise inbetween strength sets?
  • lhague
    i was under the impression (maybe the mistaken impression) that if you went quickly from one exercise to the next (super sets) that you were, in a sense, doing aerobics, like bench to bike to incline to bike...ect. putting a cardio exercise inbetween strength sets?

Circuit training yes it is, but this site does not allow for that. Less than 30 sec. rest per circuit is what my trainer always did.
  • tarjake
    cool. thank you for the info. im new here . my wife fixed me up with this site. it has been the best tool i have ever had losing weight.
  • lhague
    This really is a great site, you will find encouragement, and every now and then a few a$$es. My whole family is doing this...husband, 3 kids, son in law, and myself.
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member

Circuit training yes it is, but this site does not allow for that. Less than 30 sec. rest per circuit is what my trainer always did.

I'm adding in a cardio weight circuit lately....I try to keep it 15-20 sec rest in between my exercises to keep the heartrate up :) then a 2 min break b4 starting my circuit again
  • lhague
    That's how I've done it with great success. It takes stamina but at the end you're like..."Yeah for me, uh huh, I'm awesome" :happy:
This discussion has been closed.