Jillian Michaels is The Devil(or at least his helper)

Options
So, I had bought the 30 day shred for my wife. I could'nt find my beginner Tae Bo dvd so... I did the first level ...Very basic.I always thought I was in decent shape.

Her and her friends kicked my a#$. Oh, rest assured , I'll be back.... Now I know why she has the reputation that she does. I was sweating buckets after 20 minutes.

I would highly recommend this program if you cant get to the gym but want to sweat....

Replies

• shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    she is the devil but why do i still go back to her then lol
  • Skinnygirl1995
    Options
    HAHA SO FUNNY!!! She KICKS my BUTT everytime I workout with her....
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I have to agree, but I know she will work my butt. I don't sweat easy, but I do everytime I do the 30-day shed.
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :devil: :laugh:
    My 12 year old son did level 1 with me one day. As we are getting started, he says, "This is really easy." I told him it was the warm up. By the third circuit, he was begging to quit and saying he couldn't go on. :tongue: Though now he does it with me most days, so I'm pretty proud of both of us!
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'd like to see my husband do the Shred too. :) I think he thinks it's too "girly" though. Uh-uh, buddy (as Jillian says in one of those levels). lol
  • jtfish112
    jtfish112 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    LOL! I just finished 7 days straight of 30-Day Shred level 1, and trust me, I was cursing that woman 1 week ago too! I was hobbling everywhere I went and needed something to hold onto while sitting down / standing up. It was rough! But it was a challenge so I pushed through it all. Right around day 5 the pain started to ease up. And, let me tell you, I feel so much stronger now!

It's worth it!
  • Bmorrow
    Bmorrow Posts: 169
    Options
    Amen to all of the above...I figger it will take me at least 60 days to do her 30 day burn...Love/Hate her for sure...But , I will say this,
    I will soon be leaving my BFF, Anita and going over to what's-her- face on the other side of the dvd...the tall chickie...you know who I'm talking about.
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    That woman has changed my whole perception of exercise. I love her and I can't possibly thank her enough for what she's done for so many people.
  • MrsDickie
    Options
    haha, this is frightening!! I'm starting the 30 Day Shred on Monday....I've convinced my husband to do it with me, and I know that's the only way I'll stay motivated to do it! I'm so nervous...but so excited! :D
  • Denziee
    Denziee Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MTLumps
    MTLumps Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    LOL! :laugh: She can definitely put you through the exercise ringer! I have a couple of her circuit workouts as well - 55 minutes each with warm up and cool down and I'm sweating buckets when I'm done!
  • aprildh
    Options
    I started out with her 30-day shred DVD last year and I tell you, I would be more sore after 20 minutes of her than 40 minutes of anybody else. She has some new ones out that look even tougher. I just started doing her Last Chance Workout DVD. WOW.
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    :heart: It's so easy to hate her and love her at the same time! My first Jillian video was No More Trouble Zones....55 minutes people of yelling at her for being "EVIL"....Did that for 3 or so months before buying the 30 day Shred...(ya know Jillian for 25 minutes Had to be easier right?) HA...25 minutes of Terror. She works though! Both are different , yet they both kick your butt! :heart:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    So, I had bought the 30 day shred for my wife. I could'nt find my beginner Tae Bo dvd so... I did the first level ...Very basic.I always thought I was in decent shape.

Her and her friends kicked my a#$. Oh, rest assured , I'll be back.... Now I know why she has the reputation that she does. I was sweating buckets after 20 minutes.

I would highly recommend this program if you cant get to the gym but want to sweat....

I see you had the same revelation I did :laugh: I'm glad to know that I wasn't the only one that suffer through part of that workout. And she didn't make it any better when she had them show off how flexible they were...kick higher if you can BLAH!! :bigsmile: