Ok.... so I slipped up. But I don't feel toooo bad

Options
The day before yesterday, I'd had a very long, hard, aggravating day at work including the interuption and aggravation associated with some things in my personal life as well. To top it all off, I started my day with a greeting from my monthly friend at 7 am. :grumble: So by the time work was done and I was heading home only to hop BACK in the car to go do some work on our home we're renovating I decided I couldn't take it anymore. I wanted beef and fries! I stopped at Wendy's and picked up dinner for me and the husband. I only ate half of mine and vowed to do better yesterday. I had my usualy carnation instant SF breakfast w/ soy. A grilled chicken salad for lunch, and for dinner a Smart Ones turkey entree w/ gravy and mashed potatoes. Leaving me a total of about 700 cals unused to cover to probably 800 over from the day before. I'm wondering if I should beat myself upa little to keep me motivated, or do I just say ya know "beef" happens and try harder?

Replies

• mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    The day before yesterday, I'd had a very long, hard, aggravating day at work including the interuption and aggravation associated with some things in my personal life as well. To top it all off, I started my day with a greeting from my monthly friend at 7 am. :grumble: So by the time work was done and I was heading home only to hop BACK in the car to go do some work on our home we're renovating I decided I couldn't take it anymore. I wanted beef and fries! I stopped at Wendy's and picked up dinner for me and the husband. I only ate half of mine and vowed to do better yesterday. I had my usualy carnation instant SF breakfast w/ soy. A grilled chicken salad for lunch, and for dinner a Smart Ones turkey entree w/ gravy and mashed potatoes. Leaving me a total of about 700 cals unused to cover to probably 800 over from the day before. I'm wondering if I should beat myself upa little to keep me motivated, or do I just say ya know "beef" happens and try harder?
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I say beef happens:laugh:
    Your holding yourself accountable and that's what counts.
    Keep up the good work:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    if you only ate half of your meal, you might have stayed under?
    did you enter it to see what happened?

No sense in beating yourself up over it, maybe you should allow for a "beef" day every so often, that way you can plan it into MFP ahead of time, then you wont feel too bad.

Im surprised you limited yourself to half your meal, I know I wouldnt
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    We all have bad days...Don't beat yourself up about it. :flowerforyou:
  • mholmes
    Options
    if you only ate half of your meal, you might have stayed under?
    did you enter it to see what happened?

No sense in beating yourself up over it, maybe you should allow for a "beef" day every so often, that way you can plan it into MFP ahead of time, then you wont feel too bad.

Im surprised you limited yourself to half your meal, I know I wouldnt

I'm a little OCD (as my family likes to say) with things such as my foods not touching or mixing, always leaving something on my plate, and even smoking (yes, that's my next goal - to quit) I never smoke a whole one. Not finishing it wasn't hard, I did eat the majority of my fries but with the burger I got about half way through and suddenly felt that "morning after" feeling like "oh crap... what did I do?"
  • lilprnss
    lilprnss Posts: 52
    Options
    I have found that the best thing in watching what you're eating, is to allow yourself things that your body is craving! :tongue: It's all about moderation. If you're craving Wendy's, have a bit of your burger and half a dozen fries and move on :). You just can't give in to the cravings every time.

It's really worked for me so far. I've heard that it's worse if you don't allow yourself the cravings. But then again, what do I know! I'm here like everyone else. Just trying to make a better ME.
  • mholmes
    Options
    I have found that the best thing in watching what you're eating, is to allow yourself things that your body is craving! :tongue: It's all about moderation. If you're craving Wendy's, have a bit of your burger and half a dozen fries and move on :). You just can't give in to the cravings every time.

It's really worked for me so far. I've heard that it's worse if you don't allow yourself the cravings. But then again, what do I know! I'm here like everyone else. Just trying to make a better ME.

Thanks, I agree! My biggest weaknesses are definitly salty foods - chips, popcorn, etc. And beer:drinker: of course I do allow myself those occasionally so I guess that's one more reason I felt so guilty about the burger. I don't wanna allow too much indulgence. But thanks for saying that cause now I don't feel so bad for thinking it myself