Logging Supplements

Options
Does anybody log supplements for calories and nutritional value? Just bought some and was trying to decide...

Replies

• kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    I log my multivitamin (0 calories) because it drastically changes my nutrients for the day. And I think most people log supplements they take after working out.
  • catniss
    catniss Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that some people do, but I don't (and I don't imagine I'm the only one that doesn't....I could be wrong :) ) I just overestimate something by about 40 cals and then figure I've built it into my diary without having to list everything...just trying to simplify my life in any way possible.
    Good luck to you here!
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    good question... I take supplements, but never thought of trying to log them! I'm eager to see what people say here too...
  • Nikki2Fit
    Nikki2Fit Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I do, it miotivates me to see im over in the good stuff. Plus its the first thing i take each morning so it sets me up for logging the rest of the day.
  • mlloos
    mlloos Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes I am one who does. It gives me an accurate picture of the nutrients I am getting and where I may need to adjust my diet to accommodate deficiencies. I also log zero calorie drink mixes, teas, drinks, etc. for the same reasons.
  • NewJay12
    NewJay12 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I log my vitamins and fish oil I'm taking. It helps with your nutrients tracking to ensure a balanced diet.
  • mehapp
    mehapp Posts: 132
    Options
    I, only recently, started logging my supplements and I have to say it helps me. I like the accountability of seeing the tab (marked Supplements / Vitamins) on my Diary. It helps me remember to take them, and I'm encouraged by the good things I see that I'm doing for myself. In addition, I also try to add every little thing I consume - calories or no - a "through the lips and on the list" kind of philosophy.
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I do too. I made a section just for Vitamins. I only take a multi-vitamin currently. I have issues with low iron (found that out when trying to donate blood) and I want to make sure I'm getting a lot of it in my diet, that and calcium.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I definitely do. I take good fats and oils - Flax Seed Oil, CLA, Black Currant Seed Oil - They are calories - mine can be up to 128 per day based upon what i take that day. So absolutely count them.
  • frogtox
    Options
    So do I, when I can remember (to take or record)
  • glittersoul
    Options
    Maybe I'm weird but I log them for analytical purposes later so that if I get stuck I can go back and see what I was doing when it was working. Even though, I'm not really depending on them to do the work for me at all. I like to see the overall picture.
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Well sounds like a good idea. I got a multi, fish oil, and a probiotic. When I actually take them I'll be sure to log. Now if only MFP tracked things like B vitamins and magnesium and such....