losing it for good challenge

Options

Replies

• lilprnss
    lilprnss Posts: 52
    Options
    Hi guys! I've weighed in at 234.. I'm hoping to get to 220 by August. I'll just do what I can tho :). It's nice to have such encouraging people around here :) Such a HUGE motivator. I have a longer road than most of you.. but I'm willing to stick to it! Thanks for all of your support. :smile:
  • jlr1115
    jlr1115 Posts: 11
    Options
    I've been reading this series of post and would like to get in on the challenges or be accountable to someone. I'm trying to get to between 135 and 140 by August. 140 would be a nice start. This morning I was 147. I have so many obstacles coming up. Vacation for one. I wont' actually be leaving until next Friday. Then I'll have through the 4th where I won't be posting and checking in. I just got back from a few days out of town visiting my son and new grandbaby - who's adorale by the way - :))) and my parents and I ate SO much!! Ice cream cake, etc. How do I say no or at least limit portions!! It seems once I start eating ice cream (my biggest weakness) I don't stop. Any suggestions for the next 2 weeks?
  • nikki128
    nikki128 Posts: 42
    Options
    Hi jr-

Welcome aboard :) When I am in a situation where I know I can eat and blow my whole day I try to think of what the scale last said and ask myself if its worth the scale going up or staying the same. Also, if I'm going to indulge I try to take a few bites then stop. I hope this helps at least a bit.
  • lilprnss
    lilprnss Posts: 52
    Options
    Hi Jr.. I agree with Nikki! The best thing you can do when you're 'away' is to keep a conscious mind of what you're eating. If you try to eat healthy for the most part, then you don't really need to worry about counting the calories. When it comes to a dessert, or a treat of some sort, just have enough to taste and satisfy the craving. Don't eat the whole thing. You'll make it thru with no problem :).. Good luck!
  • nikki128
    Options
    Hi everyone-

Well I made it through Fri / Sat without going over my calories. I exercised and ate those calories if I felt I was hungry. I have not however been drinking my water. I find it hard to do that when we are not close to the bathroom. I feel like I always have to go when drinking my water. I'm going to get in at least 4 glasses today.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!
  • cwilson715
    cwilson715 Posts: 130
    Options
    I'm in!!! I have a huge challange of 21 lbs down my August 1st or 2nd, My daughter 1st birthday on the 1st and her party is on the 2nd. Its nice to have someone wanting to hit a goal around the sametime I am. I weigh in tommorow and I am so nervous. :indifferent:

69451.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

1st Goal: 165 By My Daughter's 1st Birthday
    2nd Goal: 140 By My Husband's Birthday
    Ultimate Goal: To Be a size 6

P.S. I know its not healthy to lose more then 2lbs a week but I am being supervised by a doctor and getting hcg shots, b-12, and lipotropic shots weekly to help me along the way.
  • nikki128
    Options
    HI cwilson- Welcome aboard.

I hope everyone had a good weekend < foodwise and otherwise>. I did really well until last night at dinner. I had chinese and this morning I weigh 2 lbs more then I did yesterday. Realistically I know I did not eat 7000 or even 3500 calories over yesterday. Today I will drink my 8 glasses of water and get my bike riding in.

Love and Light
  • cwilson715
    Options
    HI cwilson- Welcome aboard.

I hope everyone had a good weekend < foodwise and otherwise>. I did really well until last night at dinner. I had chinese and this morning I weigh 2 lbs more then I did yesterday. Realistically I know I did not eat 7000 or even 3500 calories over yesterday. Today I will drink my 8 glasses of water and get my bike riding in.

Love and Light

Hey Nikki don't worry that is all water weight!!! It will come off in a day or 2 try hot lemon water or apple cider vinger just a tsp with water or if you can shot it all the better. I put a tsp into a shot glass fill it with water and shot it. Its just like shotting vodka!:sick:

I did my offical weigh in and I am down 5.8 lbs in 2 weeks which is so wonderful.... Its dumb but I was hoping for a tiny bit more but I am 2 days before my cycle starts so I know I am retaining water. Hope everyone is having a wonderful monday.
  • nikki128
    Options
    Good Morning-

I thought I would check in today. I am going to wait until thursday to post a new weight since that will be a week from when I started on this challenge. According to MFP with my routine I should lose 1.6 a week. We shall see. I've been on track completely except for Sunday.

Today I am going shopping for an interview suit. I just got my teaching cert here in Kentucky and will be called in for interviews shortly. I'm thinking a pin strip black or grey pant suit with a baby blue or purple 3/4 length sleeve button down.

I'm a bit sad today that I'm not seeing the 10 lb lost mark yet. I thought this week for sure :(

Hope everyone is having a good day
    Love and Light
  • cwilson715
    Options
    Hey Nikki~

I love suit shopping.... and it sounds like we have the same style, I think your plan sounds awesome. I was hoping for the 7 pound mark this week but I didn't quite make it. But thats ok I am 2 days from starting my cycle so I am hoping my next weight in will be a major drop from losing the extra water weight.

I have been slacking on my exercising the past few days, I am trying to get ready for my in-laws (they are moving here to Texas and gonna stay with us until they find a house, my almost 11 month old is running now so I pretty much have my hands full with that and on top of that I am stupidly having a 4th of July BBQ at my house. Oh yeah and I am trying to organize our business, becasue my husband can't ever find papers when he needs them. And a week from today we are suppose to launching a new product. Hehehehe I guess stress might be a tiny factor.
  • nikki128
    Options
    Hi everyone-

I hope you are all doing well. I am back to eatring right since Mon. I have done an hour and 45 minutes of biking since Monday and getting at least 4 glasses of water in a day. Tomorrow will be my official 1 week weigh in since I started this challenge :)

See you then
  • hhhannnahhh
    Options
    yay!! im interested in that challenge exactly.. 147ish now and hoping to be between 135-140 by the first week of august and a flat(er) tummy and inner thighs i don't have to feel crazy self-conscious about in shorts. [being a teenager sucks] i had a tough day at work today.. i work at an amazing sandwich shop where i get any food completely free.. i took only small bites of some really naughty foods.. and felt very guilty. they do have a few healthy alternatives for when i am truly hungry, but i also have to handle with the wonderful smell of delicious fresh-baked cookies ALL the time.. haha any suggestions?! everything is so tempting!!
  • nikki128
    Options
    Hi hanah-

Welcome aboard. I would try to bring something healthy like a hungry girl sandwich with you so you are not tempted to eat the high calorie stuff. Keeping yourself hydrated and satisfied is the key.
  • nikki128
    Options
    Hi Ladies-

Today was my official 1 week weigh in for this challenge. I lost between 1.2 and 1.4 lbs this week. That gets me to the 10 lbs lost mark. Last night I went out and bought my reward sun glasses. I can't wait to hit 169 now! Hoping for next week :)

How is everyone else doing?

Love and light
  • dedelen0
    dedelen0 Posts: 21
    Options
    i have lost 25 lbs in 9 months and the slower it has been for me the easier it has stayed off!!! I congratulate you on your 6 days a week bike trip thats awesome you should see results pretty soon!!! dont forget to get a little weight training in there!! you can really tone up that way and burn more fat. :flowerforyou: toodles!
  • fitladyfawkes
    fitladyfawkes Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hey, seems a little late maybe, but I hope you all dont mind if I join. At the end of July I am going home to visit my family. They have not seen me since I lost all of the weight, which was last November. I know I have made alot of progress since then, but I really have hit a rut recently and I hope to lose ten more pounds before I see them. Actually 11 lbs because that would put me in the 160's and I havent been there since I dont remember when!
    Current weight: 180 lbs
    End of July goal: 169 lbs
    Good luck you guys! We can DO THIS!!!
    -Heidi
  • nikki128
    Options
    Dedelen- Congrats on your 25 pounds. I have hand weights I use but I'm not sure what to do for my legs.

Orange- Welcome aboard ! I cant wait to see the 160's either :)

Off to ride the bike for 40 min I swam this morning too!
  • cwilson715
    Options
    Welcome aboard ladies!

How is everyone doing today? I am feeling pretty good. I am at 2 and a half weeks and I am even about to start my cycle and I am feeling thinner today. I haven't felt any different until today. I am hoping and praying to hit my 10 lbs on Monday. I have a few things comming up in the next 5 weeks.

I would love to hit these goals but they are big and I am not going to cry if I don't make it.

4th of July: down 13lbs
    July 15, 2 year Aniversay: down 19lbs
    Daughter's 1st Birthday 26.6 lbs down
  • nikki128
    Options
    cwilson- I think even if you don't make your goals you will be a lot closer to them :)
  • cwilson715
    Options
    How is everyone today? I didn't exercise yesterday or today, I was out of the house at the times I normally exercise and my daughter is teething and having bm issues so she has been very uncomfortable, not sleeping or napping well. Plus TOM so my energy level is way down. I am going to try to at least go for a walk tonight and exercise tommorow, weigh in is Monday. Still hoping for the 10 lbs mark a little nervous!