Take off the Leash?

Options
Special day today. My wife and I are going out. I will have some drinks at happy hour with an app and then hit sushi bar.
I will have roughly 1k worth of cals left when I go out. do I behave or take the leash off. I am down 14 lbs and may deserve a night. Or is this truly a life style change and I should just do what I consider to be normal now, eat well live well. I would go over by maybe 500 cals who knows maybe more. to complicate things I missed gym this morning and lost at least 400 cals. Below is my diet, up to the pt of no return (my night out).

Last two times I took off the leash it stunted my progress. Not for long but it did. I am 189 and I can smell 185 so bad I want it.
Thinking about cutting out yogurt so I can eat 140 more cals tonight

730 total Cals-Leaving me 1070

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein
Eggs - Egg White, 1 egg white cooked 16 0 0 4
Kraft - Singles - American Cheese, 1 slice (19 grams) 60 1 5 3
Eggs - Whole Egg, 1 egg, large 70 0 5 6
Quick Added Calories, 110 calories 110 0 0 0
Add Food Quick Tools
Quick add caloriesRemember mealCopy yesterdayCopy recent
YesterdayWednesday, February 9Tuesday, February 8Monday, February 7Sunday, February 6Saturday, February 5Friday, February 4 256 1 10 13
Lunch
Generic - Baked Talapia, 4 OUNCES 143 0 2 23
Rice - White - Generic, 0.5 cup 90 10 0 1
Add Food Quick Tools
YesterdayWednesday, February 9Tuesday, February 8Monday, February 7Sunday, February 6Saturday, February 5Friday, February 4 233 10 2 24
Dinner
Add Food Quick Tools
Quick add caloriesCopy yesterdayCopy recent
YesterdayWednesday, February 9Tuesday, February 8Monday, February 7Sunday, February 6Saturday, February 5Friday, February 4
Snacks
Add Food Quick Tools
Quick add caloriesCopy yesterdayCopy recent
YesterdayWednesday, February 9Tuesday, February 8Monday, February 7Sunday, February 6Saturday, February 5Friday, February 4
1 Snack
Strawberries - Raw, 3 medium (1-1/4" dia) 12 3 0 0
Blueberries - Raw, 17.5 berries 14 3 0 0
Cheese - Feta, 1 oz 75 1 6 4
Add Food Quick Tools
YesterdayWednesday, February 9Tuesday, February 8Monday, February 7Sunday, February 6Saturday, February 5Friday, February 4 101 7 6 4
2 Snack
Chobani Fat Free Greek Yogurt - Peach, 6 oz 140 20 0 14

Replies

• Aimee_PD
    Aimee_PD Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    honestly, i think if you want it bad enough NOW, you wont let a night out stunt that for you....but i also believe everyone should be able to go out and enjoy once in a while...one meal wont kill u but its hard when u have a goal in mind but also want to enjoy the night...i say try to make better choices...drink light drinks, order a small app and eat veggies on the side, no dessert..idk its tough because i splurge on the weekends now and then when hubby and i go out...i dont let one night ruin what i want, even if it does delay it somewhat..
  • louisee294
    louisee294 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I dont think sushi is too bad for you. If it was me I would drink sugar-free drinks and limit yourself to 2-3, so 3 singles with S-F mixers is around 150-200. then you have 800 for sush, which i recon is fair amount. see calories: http://fatlossschool.com/calories-in-sushi/#calories-in-sushi-rolls
  • mamafoofer
    Options
    Before coming to this site I was on WW (still trying to lose the final 12lbs so I came here, not a fan of their new program...anyway...). I look at this as a lifestyle change, not a diet so I try hard not to let the leash off, or even think of food in those terms. Back when I would look at theholidyas or a night out as a "chance to eat", I would go off the rails and it showed on the scale. Now I look at the night out or the holiday as the specil treat, not the food. I still enjoy the "bad" foods but I have no problem doing it in moderation now, because I don't view it as if I am missing out on food and this is my one opportunity to get caught up on my "bad:" food quotient,lol. I even find myself picking the healthy option and not feeling bad about...just feeling normal about it. I just think if being healthy is important, then try to look at tonight as a night out with your wife and let the food be secondary. You're going for sushi, so that is good, just keep the app and alcohol in moderation and you'll be ok!
  • mamafoofer
    Options
    Oh, and don't skip the yogurt or short change yourself on food throught the day, it will just make you that much hungrier and make it difficult to make healthy choices- you'll end up wanting to order the whole menu,lol! Maybe try to work out longer today or tomorrow instead.
  • Ambrogio1
    Ambrogio1 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    1-Eat my yogurt
    2-Drop the dirty martinee for diet coke and rum. but starting monday I am never drinking diet coke again and will drink seltzer isntead. diet soda is just bad. go research how they came up with splenda. makes me sick thinking about it
    3-No cocunut shrimp for app, something healthy
    4-Dinner is sushi and some red wine

Before I started counting calories this type of night was healthy night. Quite Frankly it is. Sat-Sun and next week Iwill catchup with cals by eating less every day.

Thanks
    MF