Doing something right.

Options
dlaplume2
dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
Last night I was sitting on the couch with my 6 year old and she says to me "I want to do what you do" I asked her what she meant. She said "I want to do what I do to be healthy." I am so glad that she sees it that way, and not, as a diet just to lose weight. I really am trying to change.
Then this morning my 4 year old wanted a pb&j sand with potato chip for breakfast. (I normally don't have potato chips at home but DH brought them home from a meeting.) I told her she couldn't have the chips for breakfast. She asked for carrots and pointed out that they are healthy. She didn't cry or whine or anything when I said no to the chips, just asked for carrots instead.

I just love them sooo much.

Replies

• sarahTV
    sarahTV Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yep, you're doing something right! What a wonderful gift you are giving your daughter, a mom with healthy goals and a healthy body image and the knowledge to make wise decisions!!
  • skynyrdchick
    Options
    That is so awesome! Last night my 27 year old and I were doing the Jillian Michaels dvd. My 4 and 2 year olds were right by us, doing it as well :o) My 4 year old was actually playing like she was Jillian and instructing us how to do the workout. So cute!
  • Ginger_10
    Ginger_10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It's great to have family members that encourage us, it's such a big help.
  • 1ofthegang
    1ofthegang Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That is so cute! keep it up Momma!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!