[not safe for... men? 8< PMS talk] Anyone else feel less mot

Options
I don't know exactly why, but every time this time of the month roles around, I feel so much less motivated and my sugar cravings are insane. X____X If anyone else is going through this, how do you motivate yourself to stick to your diet and workouts?

Edit: Also, salt! I want salt almost more than I want sugar this time of month and I'm ALWAYS thirsty too. x.x

Replies

• CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I am the same way but I found exercising actually helps the bloating and cramping so I work my butt off to not have to deal with the PMS symptoms lol. As far as the sugar I allow myself some but I plan for it so I don't go over my daily allotment and do so in moderation.
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I get really tired feeling. And I have a tendancy to crave the salty/crunchy foods. Potato chips, crackers, etc. I never had terrible PMS symptoms until I became inactive (no sports, etc). Then I blamed the PMS on my body changing and used the snacks to self-soothe. Now that I'm active again (and I can admit I spent almost 11 years feeling sorry for myself) I have found the symptoms to be a lot less severe! Still not fun. Still tired. But not nearly as much pain.
  • ccg0222
    Options
    I really feel ya on this one because in the past it has been the reason why I have gotten totally derailed on any type of weight loss goal. I don't have the perfect solution, but for me it's mind over matter. I try to remind myself every time I want to just eat an entire bag of oreos that I have a goal. Also, I try extra hard not to be around the foods that are really tempting and bad for me.