HIIT Training

Jhethro
Jhethro Posts: 25
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I have began to research this but haven't found anything more than running HIIT workouts. If you do something other than running can you please let me know what specifically it is.

Replies

• cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    You can do HIIT with just about anything: running, cycling, elliptical, jump rope, etc. It is basically just alternating periods of high intensity spurts with periods of recovery.
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    I just posted about Jillian Michaels recent FB post...thought you would be interested...

Smart Tip: For fast effective workouts that burn tons of cals try the following techniques: Circuit training (moving from exercise to exercise w no rest in between), HIIT (high intensity cardio intervals worked in between sets of strength training - sprints, jump rope), Combo/Hybrid lifts (a combo of moves at once like a squat w/press, lunge w/curls, the more muscles you work at same time the more cals your burning.
  • knelson422
    knelson422 Posts: 308 Member
    I do this on my short runs and it makes the run go so much better for some reason, and it is supposed to be more effective in burning fat.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,271 Member
    The most important thing is to do whatever you are doing as hard as you can when your doing the bursts. I wouldnt however suggest weights. you might throw a dumbell or hit someone wiht a kettle bell.

HIIT is really for cardio work outs. You could even use it for swimming.

Just remember Intense exertion for Short period followed by Longer Slower Less intense recovery. Multiple sets. then follow up the whole thing with a slow to medium 20-25 min of another type of cardio.
  • emsims1
    emsims1 Posts: 1 Member
    Chalean Johnson has an entire workout for HIIT called Turbo Fire. It is amazing and available through Beachbody.com
This discussion has been closed.