Dumb question about the Shred

kbdelarosa
kbdelarosa Posts: 183 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Just started the thread last night and am also on week 6 of the C25K (plus do ballroom for 3 hours on Tues and Thurs)....for the 30 day challenge for the Shred, is that doing it daily? I know 20 minutes isn't alot, but add in the C25K, a full time job, part time job, baby, two dogs and a husband.....I was wondering if you are seeing results doing it 3 to 4 times a week. Sorry...know there are a zillion other Shred threads but I couldn't find the answer :embarassed:

Replies

• angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    In November and December I was doing the 30 Day Shred just 3 days a week (cardio on non-shred days) and I lost an average of 1.5 pounds/week. But better than that, I saw a lot more definition in my arms, and I just feel stronger because of it!
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    You actually shouldn't do it every day. Any good, qualified and certified trainer will tell you that. You don't work one muscle group two days in a row, because your muscles get microscopic tears that need time to repair. Otherwise, you are just breaking down muscle and not building it. So yes, doing it 3-4 times a week is not only good, but what a REAL personal trainer would tell you to do :) And yes, an actual Certified Personal Trainer/Sports Nutritionist gave me this information. :) Good luck!
  • Definitely!!! Well worth it even 3-4 times per week. I usually don't do more than 4 and incorporate other exercises on off days.
  • kbdelarosa
    kbdelarosa Posts: 183 Member
    Thanks for your replies!!!!!!! It is raining today....guess I will get nice and soaked doing the C25K since I can't do the Shred til tomorrow (when it supposed to be gorgeous out)!!
This discussion has been closed.