almond mik alfredo sauce?

christina_c_marks
christina_c_marks Posts: 101 Member
edited September 23 in Recipes
Has anyone ever used almond milk to make low cal alfredo sauce? alfredo is my weakness and id like to find a low cal way to make my own...just wondered if someone else has already tried it :) thanks

Replies

• I haven't, but I will surely be watching for any suggestions. I love Alfredo sauce, too!
  • almond milk for alfredo sauce?
    that sounds disgusting
  • I can't find a recipe for Almond Milk Alfredo, but I found this vegan recipe made with silken tofu.

1 package (12 oz.) extra firm silken tofu
    1/2 cup nutritional yeast
    1/4 cup ground flaxseed (flaxseed meal)
    1/2 – 1 tsp sea salt
    1/2 tsp ground allspice
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    olive oil and sea salt to taste

Directions:
    Cook pasta according to package directions.
    While pasta is cooking, combine all sauce ingredients together in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
    When pasta is finished cooking, drain, rinse and return to pot. Toss in a light amount of olive oil to evenly coat the noodles. Salt lightly if desired.
    Combine the sauce with the pasta until the desired pasta/sauce ratio is reached. This recipe makes enough to generously coat 14 oz. box or bag of dried pasta.
  • used almond milk recently to make a mac & cheese recipe and it was great. Of course with an Alfredo sauce it may not be quite as thick as creme. Good luck!
  • Sirenism
    Sirenism Posts: 100 Member
    I've never had any issues using almond or coconut milk in replacement of dairy milks. If something doesn't thicken up use a bit of cornstarch.

Here is one - http://www.grouprecipes.com/111855/the-best-vegan-alfredo-sauce.html/print
  • I just tried it with the unsweetened almond milk...had to use some dairy milk to get the cheese to break down...not sure why? anyone have ideas on this?
This discussion has been closed.