gaining @ day 11 :S

Options
I'm eating less calories and gaining weight. Is my body in starvation mode? ( I'm eating 1200 to 1800 calories a day.) The funny thing is my clothes are fitting better and I feel lighter (like less bloated or something) I'm sure it's not muscle cause I've not been working out a lot and if I do it's all cardio right now. Iv'e been a a good eating schedule for only 11 days now. (took some time of and am back now). I want to be confident that if I keep at my goals I will eventually loose. It's hard to stay focused when you don't see fast result or like now watch the scale go up. I'm going to stay determined but I am feeling a bit disappointed at the moment.

Replies

• jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat. Eating 1500 cals. a day plus exersize calories and exersizing everyday, and gaining weigh the past two weeks:mad: . I am really going wtf. but people have told me i look thinner. I dont see it at all.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    You should add strength training. Long story short, it boosts your metabolism by building up muscle that burns more calories. That might help.
  • annabelmartinez
    annabelmartinez Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat.... It is so frustrating. I learned that I should not weigh myself, it just causes disappointment. I told my husband to hid the scale so I am not constantly on it, coz when I see it I go on it. Its like an obsession... =) Try not weighing yourself but 1 every 2 weeks... =)
  • WeightLossTrek
    Options
    It's hard to offer advice without seeing what you're eating. Make your food diary public and then people can offer some suggestions.
  • mtzrose2001
    mtzrose2001 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    It's hard to offer advice without seeing what you're eating. Make your food diary public and then people can offer some suggestions.

I'm eating turkey sandwiches and turkey hamburger helper. lol I'm not at the Micky Ds. All good stuff.
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    When I started I didn't really lose weight either. You will get there. Watch your sodium and keep up the cardio.
  • becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Same here too! I am not gaining but it's been a month of healthy eating and excercise and the scale is not moving. I am guess that I am gaining muscle because my clothes are fitting a LITTLE better and my husband pointed out my boobs are smaller:smile: . Still not seeing the results that I want though. This is a lifestyle change for me so I am going to keep at it. It has to work eventually right? Usually i would give up now but then kick myself in the butt in 3 months wondering what if I stuck with it. It will all work out!! I HOPE!
  • honeyrabbit
    Options
    I did exactly the same thing honey...got a couple of weeks in had only lost 4 pounds. Then, even though i'd been doing a moderate amount of cardio and eating slightly over 1200 calories and some days more, I put 2 pounds back on!!!!
    It really is frustrating when you try so hard and do everything you think you're supposed to be doing but the scales start going in the wrong direction.
    I've increased my calorie intake a little and actually started to do a bit LESS cardio but a little bit more strength training/weights.....and a few days later I got back on the scales and i'd lost the 2 pounds i'd put on!

I know how you feel, it can sometimes feel a bit de-motivating when you see everyone else around you having really good weight loss results...but stick with it and i'm sure your perseverance will pay off.
  • WeightLossTrek
    Options

I'm eating turkey sandwiches and turkey hamburger helper. lol I'm not at the Micky Ds. All good stuff.

How often you eat is huge. The specifics of what you eat can also greatly effect everything. It's very difficult without any specific information to offer advice. The only thing I can say is increase the cardio. If you keep the diet the same and add exercise then you will start to have a caloric deficit and you will lose weight.