OT: Should I go??

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
So, Blues Traveler is playing today at a free concert series called Alive at Five in a nearby town.

I am tempted to go but debating because of my son! LOL! He is 19 months, barely sits still...I don't know. We will see. It's a free concert, outside...So even if I could only stay for an hour, it could be fun......

You parents will understand my hesitation I am sure!

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    So, Blues Traveler is playing today at a free concert series called Alive at Five in a nearby town.

I am tempted to go but debating because of my son! LOL! He is 19 months, barely sits still...I don't know. We will see. It's a free concert, outside...So even if I could only stay for an hour, it could be fun......

• Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I would go... if he gets antsy, then walk around or go home.:smile:
  • amylebo
    amylebo Posts: 23
    Options
    Will he sit good in a stroller? My daughter is 2 and I just put her in the stroller, give her snacks, and she is fine. All the people and things going on around her keep her entertained.
  • mimzy
    mimzy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My kids LOVED loud, live music when they were little! You'll be pleasantly surprised at how much fun he'll have if you get him to listen to the music and "dance"....definitely go.
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Go. Let him shake and dance in the aisle beside you. BOTH of you will have an excellent time!
  • runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    definetly go...get a bag and let him pick out some of his favorite toys and bring it with!!!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    just be prepared for a quick getaway if you need too lol...

You never know he may love it....my guy totally shocked me by rockin' out the first time we took him to one...could be fun...and I know momma will love it LMBO

hugs!
    Ali ...(take me!)
  • TamTastic
    Options

You never know he may love it....my guy totally shocked me by rockin' out the first time we took him to one...could be found...and I know momma will love it LMBO

hugs!
    Ali ...(take me!)

Hehe! Get in the car NOW!!! It starts at 5 in Stamford, CT!!! :)
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Go. Let him shake and dance in the aisle beside you. BOTH of you will have an excellent time!

The good thing is that it's at the town green.....so just a big lawn area...bring a blanket and chill. Of all places to bring kids, this is definitely a good choice!

Yeah, I am starting to get in the mood to do it! I just put him down for his nap....can pack him some toys, snacks, a blanket...and we will be good to go! :) Probably leave in a couple of hours to get down there and get a decent spot to sit.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options

You never know he may love it....my guy totally shocked me by rockin' out the first time we took him to one...could be found...and I know momma will love it LMBO

hugs!
    Ali ...(take me!)

*grabbing car keys and heading out now*

Ok just um get some ice blueberry's EXTRA ice so it doesn't melt by the time I get there OK?! lol:laugh:

hugs!
  • TamTastic
    Options

hugs!
    Ali ...(take me!)

*grabbing car keys and heading out now*

Ok just um get some ice blueberry's EXTRA ice so it doesn't melt by the time I get there OK?! lol:laugh:

hugs!

There is a DD within walking distance of where the concert is at!! Fate I tell ya!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options

First time I've seen that quote (the one in your auto-signature, or whatever we call it.) I could use more Z. Thanks for that one. It's my thought for the day.

I hope the concert was fun. :glasses:

Nice to meet you.

~Cheryl
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    id definitely go! its Blues Traveler! OMG! they dont want you to give them the run around! hahaha!
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Alive at 5 in Albany Tami?
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I would go... He might surprise you:happy: If not then it's outside and an easy get away.
    Have fun:drinker:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Go for it!! It'll be so much fun!!! :drinker: I know when I was a kid I used to love when my parents took me to that type of stuff. I know I kept em busy but it was fun for all :bigsmile:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I say don't go.

Sure it might be a kick-butt show and sure you'll be getting fresh air & having fun with your son, but if you go there then you won't be here.

And really....it's all about me and my needs. :bigsmile:

Glad it's been settled. :drinker:
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I think I am gonna try to go, at least for a little while!! hehe Like I said, if my son is a complete terror and making me crazy, I can just leave. He loves music and dancing though, so he will probably love it.

Sowwwy Shannon...just have to survive without me!! I know it's hard!! I won't leave for another half hour or so though!

It's such a gorgeous day here! Wow!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Alive at 5 in Albany Tami?

No, in Stamford, CT, I live about 20 min away. I saw the Bacon Brothers a few years ago.
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    GO if at all possible.....I can hear the harmonica already!!!!!!!!