New here and starting a new life

Options
I have decided yesterday, after seeing my doc and he got on to me about my weight and blood pressure, that it was time to make a change in my life and my kids life. They need to see me eating healthy as much as I can and not eating the junk food so much.

I am needing friends that will help me stay on the path to a 15 pound loss ( and then more after that). I am going to take this journey in 15 pound increments so that it doesn't overwhelm me. Most of my friends around me are skinny and don't understand the hard time it is trying to loose weight. I have been having to do it for years and years and years and years. ha.

I am newly divorced and my daughters and I are starting over with a lot of things. I would like new friends to be in that transformation.

Replies

• miatavixxen
    Options
    hey there! i'd be happy to help you along your journey! adding you to friends now!
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! Welcome to MFP!! I love your goal of taking it 15 pounds at a time. I've also set smaller goals...like right now I'm looking at a 6 week committment. I joined a Biggest Loser contest at my chiropracter's office and I want to see what I'm capable of accomplishing in 6 weeks. After that I'll let a different goal of some sort.
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    We often need a fresh start, and good for you for taking the first steps, which are often the hardest. Sending you a friend request now.