Variety

Options
I tend to eat the same foods over and over and am looking for more options.

For breakfast I either eat Cinnamon and apple oatmeal or cheerios with milk.

Lunch I usually eat a box of vegetables, an apple and some chicken nuggets, or a platter with cut up cucumber, olives and an egg.

Dinner varies from shrimp and salmon to chicken Cesar salads.

Do you have any tasty yet healthy foods to add so I'm not eating the same things over and over?

Replies

• mgriffin51
    mgriffin51 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi! It sounds like that at least what you do eat is generally pretty healthy. One of my favorite fish dishes is Tilopia. It is a white fish and can be prepared in a variety of ways. My favorite: heat a little bit of olive oil in a skillet and cook the fillet until it is solid white in the middle, flipping only once. Season it with ground cumin and coriander. For a simple low calorie dressing on the fish, top it with some pan seared bell peppers and onion. Mmmmm. It has kind of a cajun flavor and you can add any sort of vegetables, brown rice or a little fruit to finish out the rest of the meal. Good luck!!!
  • savethecat
    savethecat Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is tough for me too. I always end up eating a banana and coffee every morning. But I try to change it up occasionally with different kinds of fruit or a whole wheat pita with just a teaspoon or so of peanut butter and a few slices of banana in it. (That's a great one when you're going to be having a highly active day.)

Have you tried maybe a light soup for lunch? It's easy to make at home. The most basic (yet delicious) recipe I know is chopped green cabbage, cauliflower, and carrots in a pot with with veggie stock (broth) and a little tomato paste and seasonings. It can run a little high in sodium sometimes so just keep that in mind, but it is by far one of my favorite lunches- especially on a cold day!

For dinner- maybe consider a different protein. Tofu perhaps? Or any of the meats you mentioned in a stir-fry with green beans and other veggies. Just throw them all in a pan with light oil and a tinge of low sodium soy sauce. Delicious!

I hope that helps!
  • outersoul
    Options
    Try eating plain oatmeal with a pack of Splenda and a tbs of peanut butter. It's like eating a cookie but better.