PMS

Options
I have no motivation right now, I'm really overly emotional, and all I want to do is lay down and eat chocolate... as you can probably guess I'm PMSing.... anyone have any suggestions for me as to how I can feel better? I haven't cheated on my diet since i've been on it.... but I don't know what else will make me feel better. I tried working out to get some endorphins in me, but that failed horribly... when I was done I just sat in my car and cried... on top of all that I can't even lay in bed all day because I'm running after my 18 month old son. HELP!!!!!

Replies

• nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    Well.. Its up to you but there are low cal chocolate options out there.. Like Smart Ones sundae's they are anywhere from 140-170 calories and you get ice cream.. some form of base either brownie, cookie, or chocolate crust, with ice cream and hot fudge for that calorie allowance. It comes in a little dish, so you know just to have one. Usually they help me feel like I am having a treat without killing my diet. ;)

Feel better.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Find something that makes you laugh, watch a comedy. I always found it helpful to keep my mind busy in some way even it was a menial tedious tasks...like organizing or folding clothes. I have the same problem during PMS. I'm unmotivated & all I wanna do is eat chocolate. I always keep a box of chocolate cheerios on hand. They're so helpful! When I have that urge to eat chocolate I just pour out a cup of those and snack on them. I think 1 cup is about 120 or 130 calories. Not bad!
  • kendratiger20
    Options
    Thanks so much guys I think I'll try that, I'll do the low cal ice cream just ONE and watch a funny movie... maybe if I have enough calories left I buy the cheerios for a just in case sort of thing! What about working out though? should I just say for get it for this week I go to the gym 4 days a week and then do my work out videos and biggest loser Wii on the weekends, you don't think I'll gain weight if I simply not workout do you??
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guys I think I'll try that, I'll do the low cal ice cream just ONE and watch a funny movie... maybe if I have enough calories left I buy the cheerios for a just in case sort of thing! What about working out though? should I just say for get it for this week I go to the gym 4 days a week and then do my work out videos and biggest loser Wii on the weekends, you don't think I'll gain weight if I simply not workout do you??

Typically, when I don't exercise I lose less weight...obviously, but I haven't gained yet in my 3 weeks of dieting so far. Maybe once you get your "ice cream" and watch a funny movie you might feel like exercising. I never feel like exercising when I'm in a bad mood. Even if you don't exercise a full 30 min or hour, don't worry! 10 or 15 min is better than no minutes. By the way, those smart ones sundaes are really good! I have to keep them outta the house because I eat 'em way too fast.

If you like nuts, there are chocolate and dark chocolate flavored Blue Diamond almonds. I've only found them at Wal-Mart. They are so freakin good! I don't buy them all the time because they go way too fast just like the sundaes. lol
  • binkybaby1
    binkybaby1 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Kendra when I have a craving for sweet I cut up an apple and put one tablespoon of the sugar free smucker's caramel in one of our dipping cups. Then you can eat the apple with the caramel which is like having a caramel apple and I know we have it in the house and its only about 100 - 150 calories plus your getting a fruit serving in... :tongue:

Hope this helps!
  • nisharae
    nisharae Posts: 204
    Options
    Excersizing generally releases stress for me. If i can get on the treadmill and go I usually just go into my own little world and forget about everything else.. Also I tend to feel better about myself after a good butt-kicking workout. But you have to find what works for you, for me, my addiction to working out seems to be working pretty well.. Although I will say for whatever reason I do feel like eating everything in sight today... LOL.. .But I wont.
  • MeggieBoo85
    Options
    Girl I am in the same boat but this is what I did to get out of my funk yesterday!!!!! Slimfast 3-2-1 bars are only 100 calories and very chocolatey! I dont follow the 3-2-1 system but I keep them in my desk at work and in my cabinet at home because I am a chocoholic! I usually eat one a day as part of my calories. Also I absolutely had to clean the fridge out and get the trash taken out last night so that it was out when the trash ran this morning but I could NOT get off the couch........sooo i turned on my 20min workout express ZUMBA dvd and went to it....with my 4 yr old son. Needless to say he was pooped tryin to keep up with me so he went to bed easily and i had lots of energy to expend on my fridge. Hope this helps...if not i sorry.....ps before i started dieting I was eating 2 bags of Peanut M&Ms and 2-20oz. Mt. Dews everyday when I was PMSing to help me cope....I'm actually liking the slimfast bars better! Good Luck!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    You can do it. This last month was the first time I didn't binge eat junk through my whole period. lol And I think a lot of it was just because I decided that i didn't want to. Though I won't lie, my fridge & freezer was stocked with sugar free puddings & skinny cow ice cream bars. I think one day I pretty much lived off those two things...It was like Ice cream fro breakfast...pudding for lunch....and more ice cream for dinner! BUT I was still under or at my calorie goal.

You could also try drinking tea and coffee, the caffeine usually helps your body with all the achy - exhausted feelings. And if you can (I know it depends on the kiddo) take a nap! lol If you can get him to sleep an hour, then so can you, and you'll feel better afterwords.
  • jnnfrrys
    jnnfrrys Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    how about Cherry on top? Its frozen yogurt that taste exactly like ice cream... and its delicious.