Kielbasa and Brussels Sprouts

Options

For Low Carbohydrate Dieting

1 pound frozen brussels sprouts
1 pound kielbasa, sliced into 1-inch pieces

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

2. Place the frozen sprouts on the bottom off the prepared baking dish. Arrange the kielbasa over the sprouts, to let the juices flow over them. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the cover and bake for 15 additional minutes, if you like your kielbasa browned.

Yield: 3 servings, each with 15 grams of carbohydrates and 5 of fiber, for a total of 10 grams of usable carbs and 25 grams of protein. (This was analyzed for the average kielbasa, so you could knock off a few extra grams by choosing the lowest-carb kielbasa available.)

I had a question so I listed this on the Food and Nutrition board... then I realized it most likely belongs here... learning :blushing:

Replies

• insearchofskinny
    Options

For Low Carbohydrate Dieting

1 pound frozen brussels sprouts
    1 pound kielbasa, sliced into 1-inch pieces

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 x 8-inch glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

2. Place the frozen sprouts on the bottom off the prepared baking dish. Arrange the kielbasa over the sprouts, to let the juices flow over them. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the cover and bake for 15 additional minutes, if you like your kielbasa browned.

Yield: 3 servings, each with 15 grams of carbohydrates and 5 of fiber, for a total of 10 grams of usable carbs and 25 grams of protein. (This was analyzed for the average kielbasa, so you could knock off a few extra grams by choosing the lowest-carb kielbasa available.)

I had a question so I listed this on the Food and Nutrition board... then I realized it most likely belongs here... learning :blushing: