Ladies ... That one week a month

Options
Ladies-do you ever have those cravings in that one week? I have always been a bottomless pit leading up to the fun once a month event. This is my first time going through it being on MFP. I don't know what to do. I am hungry ALL the time and I crave chocolate and chips!

Replies

• millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    100 calorie packs...then have what ever you want :drinker:
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    OMG, I am in that now...I want to eat everything...and to make it worse, at work they have red velvet cupcakes in honor of Valentines Day. I haven't done it yet, but I'm holding on by a string.....
  • Carley650
    Carley650 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Me too sista! More than anything I feel tired and lazy (mixed with cravings is not a good thing!). I did hear that when you exercise the week before and the week of your cycle, your results and calories burned are higher (so maybe we're hungry because the body is actually using more energy?) So my advice to myself and others is to exercise! (it also lowers the effects of PMS...bonus!)
  • nmoreland
    nmoreland Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I went through that last week. I noticed that since I was paying attention to the amount of calories, I cut back on how mjuch chocolate I ate. it didn't stop me from eating it, just the amount. :)
    Maybe have half a cupcake now, and the other half later to make it last longer.
    I also suggest to look up the calories and add it before you eat the snack.
  • idahogirl71
    idahogirl71 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    I get through that time by having plain popcorn for the salt craving and Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich for the chocolate craving. I do that for three days and am fine after that. I used to consume chips and m&m's during that time like they were going out of style, but found a low fat low calorie substitute that works just as well. Hope this helps!
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    You are not alone...that is for sure! It's hard but you will make it through!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I mainly crave chocolate during that week, to which I oblige. No shame in enjoying extra dark chocolate with some coconut oil :)
  • Shybea81
    Shybea81 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Haha, I feel your pain. I go on a hamburger binge though. Last month I gave in and had a chili cheese burger and fries. I have no idea what I'm gonna do this month. Best of luck to ya!
  • Bub3les0
    Options
    Its a hideous week isn't it? Hang on, this too shall pass :P
  • Shaye85
    Shaye85 Posts: 107
    Options
    that was me yesterday!!! what i did was eat a lot of healthy stuff, and i mean a lot!!! i think i had 4-5 weight watcher bread and bagels with fat free cream cheese, i still lost weight, 1.5lbs to be exact, which is pretty hard during that time to lose any. everyone is entitled to one day...enjoy!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'm there right now too...I pounded back some water...and when that didn't work I got up and moved around to occupy my time...the count down is on until lunch, and I may have to eat it early lol
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    sounds like me. Salty and chocolate - ugh! I usually allow myself 1 piece of dark chocolate (like the dove promises or ghiradelli square). I can't waste my chocolate craving on yucky chocolate. Also chips and cheesy things for the salty cravings. I just portion control them.
  • dixielicious3
    Options
    Skinny Cow chocolate truffle is a life saver for me :P
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Ladies-do you ever have those cravings in that one week? I have always been a bottomless pit leading up to the fun once a month event. This is my first time going through it being on MFP. I don't know what to do. I am hungry ALL the time and I crave chocolate and chips!

Those insane cravings and intense fatigue usually last about a week and a half for me. It is so frigging annoying.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    that is so me.:grumble: plus not smoking i am getting my but kicked all over the place:laugh:
  • mrscjwilson
    Options
    I have found that Dark Chocolate is the cure for me...before MFP I never ate dark chocolate but because of my calorie restriction I have learned to love it! I eat Lindt Dark Excellence w/ Currant and almonds slivers...1 peice is 50 calories and hit does hit the spot, I also eat Weight Watchers Coffee Latte bars there 90 calories each and there really big and coffee/chocolaty....I try not to do white carbs because they tend to make me want more and more!
  • tater8589
    Options
    I have found that crunchy veggies (ex carrots) make a good swap for chips. With chocolate I like the kelloggs dark choc almond fiber bars. Sometimes, I give into the craving and it helps, I won't snack on other stuff as much. If you can just make room for the cals from what your craving, by eating other meals that are filling but very low cal and/or working out a little more. Don't forget to drink plenty of water to prevent/help with bloating.
  • MaysMom
    MaysMom Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Me, too! This has been a really hard week. Planning meals and snacks the night before has really helped. I can plan for a little treat and figure out where I am going to make up for it... more veggies and less meat or carbs at a meal, more exercise. The interesting thing that's happened is that as I look at calorie and fat content of those "treats" the less treat-like they seem. Since I detest exercising, they just turn into more work for me. It's no longer a fudge round (the bain of my existence). It's now 15 minutes on my AbCircle.
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    I just focus on my calorie consumption during that time. We women know we are craving things during that time and if you don't let yourself have anything at all, then you will binge which is even worse. Don't go overboard. Have a half a Reese's (my weakness) and leave the rest for another day. Don't punish yourself for being a woman:)
  • mjd0109
    mjd0109 Posts: 152
    Options
    You're going to still crave chocolate and you are going to be super hungry. Just be smart about what you eat! I've been going chocolate crazy but what saves me is putting it in in little portions! Like the cup cake, cut it into 2 or 3 pieces and put it in baggies, that way when you want some just eat one baggie of it instead of the whole cup cake. Also, make sure to keep working out! However, if you do yoga watch it during this time. You shouldn't do any inversion until its over.